Change in work

watdaflock?

Your seniority maybe but the insurance should stay the same, I'd think.
We have a long-time preloader who's years until retirement and pay was dramatically effected when he became a driver because of the seniority change.

I don't know all of the specifics but he went back to preload because of losing so many years.

bleedinbrown58

That’s Craptacular
Your seniority maybe but the insurance should stay the same, I'd think.
We have a long-time preloader who's years until retirement and pay was dramatically effected when he became a driver because of the seniority change.

I don't know all of the specifics but he went back to preload because of losing so many years.
He went from qualified top pay FT driver to PT preloader and didnt lose his seniority and old PT pay? Unless that varies by region....I call BS. You have to quit and get rehired...and you'd start at the bottom...pay and seniority wise.

F

FrigidAdCorrector

You have to quit and get rehired...and you'd start at the bottom...pay and seniority wise.
I'm not so sure about that. We have a guy whose been preloading for years. He went FT for a while and hated it. He negotiated to go back to his old position and keep his seniority. They have him drive when they really need someone though.

bleedinbrown58

That’s Craptacular
I'm not so sure about that. We have a guy whose been preloading for years. He went FT for a while and hated it. He negotiated to go back to his old position and keep his seniority. They have him drive when they really need someone though.
I used to work with a loader...he started a few years before me. He went FT...did his 4 year progression and maybe a year after that...decided to go back to PT. UPS said no...you have to quit and get rehired. He did...and now makes 11.50/hr loading trucks on preload.

oldngray

nowhere special
There used to be a few full time preloaders but those are almost all gone now. UPS tried to get those people to go driving and some did and the last ones left have almost all retired now. They made the same rate as drivers when working as full time preloaders. They would do other jobs when needed like sort also. With those jobs gone that is why the 22.3 jobs are so highly desired.

bleedinbrown58

That’s Craptacular
There used to be a few full time preloaders but those are almost all gone now. UPS tried to get those people to go driving and some did and the last ones left have almost all retired now. They made the same rate as drivers when working as full time preloaders. They would do other jobs when needed like sort also. With those jobs gone that is why the 22.3 jobs are so highly desired.
Yes....some buildings still have FT preloads.....I wish mine did!