Change of operations

Discussion in 'UPS Discussions' started by Above10200, Apr 19, 2017.

1. Above10200

Above10200 Member

Has any one out there delt with a change of operations? Might be happening out of Silverthorne moving to eagle, CO. Any help insight would be appreciated.

2. UpstateNYUPSer

UpstateNYUPSer Very proud grandfather.

Change of operations is covered in the NMA, which can be downloaded from www.tdu.org.

3. Wally

Wally Hailing from Parts Unknown.

What is changing?

4. Indecisi0n

Indecisi0n Well-Known Member

I voted for change.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • List
  5. Hellobrown2000

Hellobrown2000 Active Member

What did you get?

6. Above10200

Above10200 Member

Possibly opening a center in eagle and moving all eagle county routs to that center.

7. Brownslave688

Brownslave688 You want a toe? I can get you a toe.

Follow your work

8. Above10200

Above10200 Member

I understand, but before I make a decision I want to know what the contract says in layman's terms. I want to be as informed as much as possible before management announces the new center. Its just a rumor now.

9. PT Car Washer

PT Car Washer Well-Known Member

Contact your Local Union office and find out how they plan to handle this change of operation. I am assuming there will be more then just you being effected.

10. Above10200

Above10200 Member

Yes 12 routes from Silverthorne and possibly 7 from Glenwood. The union has helped but still haven't been good at informing of all the options. A lot of senior driver are still trying to get more information.

11. burrheadd

burrheadd Be The Ball

Does it ever snow there

12. Above10200

Above10200 Member

Never snows in the mountains of colorado. Lol

13. Brownslave688

What part of follow your work isn't layman terms?

14. olroadbeech

olroadbeech Happy Verified UPSer

yes. the info you need is in the contract. do you have a specific question? They paid over $7k( moving expenses ) to move my family to the town ( 150 miles ) of the new hub.

15. Brownslave688

Not that anything you said was ever believable but holy hell. You Don't even pretend to act like you haven't been through every single possible situation life could throw at anyone lol.

• Funny Funny x 5
    • Beer Beer x 1
    • List
  16. FrigidFTSup

FrigidFTSup Resident Suit

Did they at least let you finish up your term as mayor before uprooting you?

• Funny Funny x 9
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • List
  17. Above10200

Above10200 Member

So you have been through a change of operations? I am hearing that you can follow your route, if not your route goes up for bid in your center, and you go back to a swing driver. Do all the un taken routes go up for bid, could I bid on another route in the new center. It also sounds like if there are open routes at the new center they could force you to go to the new center form the bottom of the seniority list up.

18. FrigidFTSup

FrigidFTSup Resident Suit

Don't listen to her.

Lasted edited by : Apr 19, 2017
  19. Above10200

Above10200 Member

That is why I am trying to get as many sources as possible before management announces the new center. The more informed you are the better off you will be!

20. cosmo1

cosmo1 Punk ass, old retired prick, and loving it.

Remember, she ran feeders through the Donner Pass every day.

Tick her off and she may come looking to snack on your leg.

Lasted edited by : Apr 19, 2017