Change Of Ops in Northern Cali

The Natural

UPS in Sacramento has filed a change of operations in Redding. Moving 1 job to Eureka and another to Lathrop. This change has left an already depleted feeder department to ruin. We lost 2 jobs at bids in may and now 2 more. This takes us from 15 to 11 jobs. As a 7yr relief driver this is hard to swallow. Although I'm not alone. Nobody in our department seems to want to retire. (can't blame them) and nobody wants to follow. Personally this bumps me back from number 7 relief to number 9. In a building with 11 jobs. Thank you MS. MO. And labor for ruining my career and that of others. I hope they see this.

Last edited by a moderator:

The Natural

It's really to bad that we don't have a manager that care about his drivers or preserving the work in his center. I guess all I can do is hope that they transfer him out and get someone who will fight for our jobs.

The Natural

Absolutely not. They could have started a driver an hour earlier and ran him to Lathrop and trailers would have made service 2 hrs sooner.. the move is purely an attempt to further the attempt of eliminating the redding feeder dept.

Wally

BrownCafe Innovator & King of Puns
UPS in Sacramento has filed a change of operations in Redding. Moving 1 job to Eureka and another to Lathrop. This change has left an already depleted feeder department to ruin. We lost 2 jobs at bids in may and now 2 more. This takes us from 15 to 11 jobs. As a 7yr relief driver this is hard to swallow. Although I'm not alone. Nobody in our department seems to want to retire. (can't blame them) and nobody wants to follow. Personally this bumps me back from number 7 relief to number 9. In a building with 11 jobs. Thank you MS. MO. And labor for ruining my career and that of others. I hope they see this.
Keep voting Democrat. How's the CA economy?