Change Of Ops in Northern Cali

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

This thread is really nothing more then me venting my frustrations. And letting people know that UPS isn't run the same everywhere. Here in nocal it all numbers and management bonuses. People do not matter.

That sounds like the way they operate nationwide.

You don't stay in business
for 109 years by being nice.

The Natural

An effective one?

I am starting my 28th year in small package. I am not a manager but I do have good business sense.

Based solely on what you have told us the moves appear to be justified.
Not at all. Like I said. They could have stayed a driver an hour earlier and moved the same amount of volume with less drivers. Less hours. And made service 2 hours sooner. . How is that justified? .

MAKAVELI

No jobs leaving?
You tell me.
California Makes America's Economy Great
California last year created the most jobs of any state, 483,000, more than the second- and third-most-populous states Florida and Texas combined (they added 257,900 and 175,700) and at a faster rate than any of the world's developed economies. The pace of employment growth was almost triple the rate of job creation for the 19 countries that make up the euro zone and more than 3.5 times that of Japan, according to data compiled by Bloomberg.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

I guess there are those management sympathizers everywhere. If your so good at running a business why aren't you running one as opposed to working for one...?

There is that sense of freedom when you punch out and go home that you don't get as a small business owner.

Look, I feel bad for you, but the company has to think of all 365K of us, not just you or I.

HEFFERNAN

Huge Member
They offered the union jobs to anyone that wants to follow.
Unfortunately, there is not much more you can do.

This is not a "UPS" issue, every business moves jobs and people around EVERY SINGLE DAY
One of my best friends lived in his hometown, 2 kids in school, was a football coach and member of the town council.
He got moved to Arkansas from the NorthEast. It happens.

That kind of move doesn't come from the local management level, it is higher up.

The Natural

They offered the union jobs to anyone that wants to follow.
Unfortunately, there is not much more you can do.

This is not a "UPS" issue, every business moves jobs and people around EVERY SINGLE DAY
One of my best friends lived in his hometown, 2 kids in school, was a football coach and member of the town council.
He got moved to Arkansas from the NorthEast. It happens.

That kind of move doesn't come from the local management level, it is higher up.
I understand that it doesn't come from local management. This isn't my first rodeo. I know exactly who has made these moves. He stated years ago that his goal was to eliminate the out lining feeder departments. Such as Redding.And when he builds a job that is impossible to run and improbable to follow. It feels personal.

FrigidFTSup

Resident Suit
I understand that it doesn't come from local management. This isn't my first rodeo. I know exactly who has made these moves. He stated years ago that his goal was to eliminate the out lining feeder departments. Such as Redding.And when he builds a job that is impossible to run and improbable to follow. It feels personal.
It's because you're making it personal.