Change Of Ops in Northern Cali

The Natural

It's not even a case of maybe, you are.

Does it suck jobs will be lost at that hub? Absolutely. But big picture, having feeders in one centralized location offers the company more flexibility and efficiency. That's why it's being done.
You obviously have no clue as to our geographic location. We are perfectly located to be a meet point . There is no hub closer then Sacramento. The scheduler consistently builds jobs that run past us and go over the max miles allowed. It's self serving managers and schedulers that are more concerned with their numbers and bonuses then the people that make this company what it is..

FrigidFTSup

Resident Suit
You obviously have no clue as to our geographic location. We are perfectly located to be a meet point . There is no hub closer then Sacramento. The scheduler consistently builds jobs that run past us and go over the max miles allowed. It's self serving managers and schedulers that are more concerned with their numbers and bonuses then the people that make this company what it is..
You're still making it personal. You believe it is a perfect meet point, but if it was, the company would have kept it. If the company can get the same run done with 1 driver instead of 2, what do you think they are going to do?

The Natural

You're still making it personal. You believe it is a perfect meet point, but if it was, the company would have kept it. If the company can get the same run done with 1 driver instead of 2, what do you think they are going to do?
You obviously haven't read the entire thread. That's my point. They are moving the jobs when one driver could have done the job with a start time adjustment. If you knew the nature of our corridor you would see it too..

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

I guess there are those management sympathizers everywhere. If your so good at running a business why aren't you running one as opposed to working for one...?

Why is it when an employee not at the managerial level is able to assess a situation with a fresh set of eyes they are immediately seen to be sympathizing with management?

They would not be moving the work if it did not make sense to do so.

Coldworld

60 months and counting
No unfortunately our center is to small. Only two 22.3 jobs in the building. They are already filled. I wish. I would jump on them in a heartbeat.
You can transfer in the west...could you transfer to la, where there should be more feeder jobs??? I know it's extreme but if you have more than a few years left might be an option... Maybe up to Seattle , Portland or roseburg Oregon who are all hiring feeder guys

The Natural

You can transfer in the west...could you transfer to la, where there should be more feeder jobs??? I know it's extreme but if you have more than a few years left might be an option... Maybe up to Seattle , Portland or roseburg Oregon who are all hiring feeder guys
Can't transfer in feeder. Only package

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

Had you bothered to read the thread you would have found that he could have followed the work but does not want to commute (200 miles each way) and does not want to uproot his family and move to an area where it costs twice as much to live.

Coldworld

60 months and counting
That's why they have so many part time sups in some of these larger hubs.... It's ridiculous ....

Coldworld

60 months and counting
Had you bothered to read the thread you would have found that he could have followed the work but does not want to commute (200 miles each way) and does not want to uproot his family and move to an area where it costs twice as much to live.
How do you know how much the west coast costs... Just telling him where feeder has been hiring....so cool it

barnyard

KTM rider
You have 2 choices: you can follow the work and do whatever that entails or you can stay where you are and complain about your lot in life.

It is your choice and you can make it work either way.

3 done 3 to go

In control of own destiny
Yes. The proper 45 day change of ops was filed with the union. As a shop steward I was sent the email immediately.

You are a steward. You will be the last to move. (Fortunate for you only) Could you do the area that goes close to home? Go home for lunch /break each day . Others will have to either follow their routes. Which I would do. Because i would be the one to change not the rest of my family. With schools and such. Plus look for housing in a condo. Or go back to package. You can also bid for the 22.3 job when bids come up too.

blkmamba

I've considered following and commuting home on weekends but that doesn't leave much quality time for family when that's what matters most. But UPS in nocal doesn't care about it people or their families.
Lathrop is a dump but there are really nice places to live in the area. Manteca, Ripon, and Turlock to name a few. That move would put you in the heart of the Central Valley, I don't think it would be to difficult for your spouse to relocate her career as well. If you can handle the hottest part of your day between 5:00-6:00pm it's not that bad of a place to live.

Dragon

Package Center Manager
Absolutely not. They could have started a driver an hour earlier and ran him to Lathrop and trailers would have made service 2 hrs sooner.. the move is purely an attempt to further the attempt of eliminating the redding feeder dept.

and why are they trying to eliminate the Redding Feeder Dept?? In my area if you have 11 drivers its not a Dept its just drivers assigned to a building.