Change Of Ops in Northern Cali

Coldworld

60 months and counting
A lot of it is because they don't let us plan locally anymore. Gotta do it in IE, because they know how the center works better than local management.....LOL
I don't think they trust local management.... You guys might be in bed with the enemy....union represented thugs!!!!

I'm from the Eureka bldg. and dont know if you were in Redding in 1997, but that feeder run used to originate out of Eureka but was moved to Redding after the strike. Looks like it's come full circle.

olroadbeech

Happy Verified UPSer
UPS in Sacramento has filed a change of operations in Redding. Moving 1 job to Eureka and another to Lathrop. This change has left an already depleted feeder department to ruin. We lost 2 jobs at bids in may and now 2 more. This takes us from 15 to 11 jobs. As a 7yr relief driver this is hard to swallow. Although I'm not alone. Nobody in our department seems to want to retire. (can't blame them) and nobody wants to follow. Personally this bumps me back from number 7 relief to number 9. In a building with 11 jobs. Thank you MS. MO. And labor for ruining my career and that of others. I hope they see this.
wow! sorry to hear about this. i was trained in redding by one of the best feeder managers i ever knew. his initials are R.K. he was cool with the drivers and most of the drivers were cool with him. i think the co. didn't like that so they gave him a really hard time.

most centers are growing beyond their capacity. I wonder if they are going to phase out feeder in redding like they did with the satelite centers like willows, alturas , and others. these closings , however, did not seem to have a negative effect on the company but did disrupt a lot of drivers' lives.

you still work package too? it's still one of the best jobs out there. when i first started i would make more money in 2 days at UPS then I would at my old FT job.

hang in there. ( and save some serious coin )

olroadbeech

Happy Verified UPSer
You can transfer in the west...could you transfer to la, where there should be more feeder jobs??? I know it's extreme but if you have more than a few years left might be an option... Maybe up to Seattle , Portland or roseburg Oregon who are all hiring feeder guys
You can't transfer in the west for feeder unless you are following work , have a hardship transfer and go to the bottom which is almost impossible , or quit and get rehired at another hub which is borderline insanity.

PT Car Washer

wow! sorry to hear about this. i was trained in redding by one of the best feeder managers i ever knew. his initials are R.K. he was cool with the drivers and most of the drivers were cool with him. i think the co. didn't like that so they gave him a really hard time.

most centers are growing beyond their capacity. I wonder if they are going to phase out feeder in redding like they did with the satelite centers like willows, alturas , and others. these closings , however, did not seem to have a negative effect on the company but did disrupt a lot of drivers' lives.

you still work package too? it's still one of the best jobs out there. when i first started i would make more money in 2 days at UPS then I would at my old FT job.

You worked package car also? How long?

olroadbeech

Happy Verified UPSer
I'm still considering that. I have 2 more days to decide. Hard to tell an 11 yr old son who counts on me for coaching his baseball team and being a dad that I'm only gonna see him 1 day a week.
take out a notebook and have 2 columns . the PROS and CONS listed. this may help.

on a change of operations like this the company will have to pay moving expenses. they paid ours. it was over 6k. that's only one PRO. you said you'll have high seniority and stay out of package. that's good.

we didn't like uprooting our family. but it turned out to be a blessing in disguise. our 2 daughters found excellent husbands. we have a beautiful home in the mountains. ( used to live in redding where it is so hot in summer. ) there were definately more Pros than cons eventually even though we did not see it at the time.

with only 6 years to go , you may want to tough it out . 6 years will go by fast.

write it all down on paper, have a family meeting , and sleep on it. go with your GUT, which is usually right.

The Natural

I wish we still had RK. He was great.

olroadbeech

Happy Verified UPSer
I wish we still had RK. He was great.
I'm glad you had a chance to know him. Do you know D.A.? he's in Sac feeder but we started together in Redding for peak 1993. He grew up in Anderson. He was the one that helped me get on for peak and then permanently a year later.

hope you keep us informed. good luck with anything you decide to do. OUTLAST the bastards!