Change Routes!

Raw

Raw Member
So as a 30 year driver I was on a " cushy " gated community mostly residential route but was getting my ass kicked with the furniture deliveries and Florida heat and high requested SPORH! A " difficult " route of 40% business and heavy OT opened so I made the switch to everyones disbelief." Why leave the easiest route in the center for the hardest at this point in your career" blah, blah, blah! Turns out it was a genius move! No more bulk, in lots of AC cooled stops, friendly nice business people offering drinks and candy and much shorter driveways! I don`t even mind the OT because much less wear and tear on my body! It`s been decades since I`m enjoying going to work again! A difficult route to make all the commit times and keep the business happy but with my experience a welcome and rewarding challenge! My point is if your not happy with your route don`t be afraid to change it!

The Driver

I drive.
IMG_0638.JPG

barnyard

KTM rider
I did a mall route a week ago. 1 day was horrible, the rest were not. If it were not for days like Friday (and it happens every Friday, there is a shoe store that gets 150-190 boxes, no dock), I could see bidding that route. Other routes that I do that have a nice mix of business are turning out to be my faves.

Indecisi0n

I'm starting to realize the customers are almost more important than the route itself. My customers would pretty much do anything for me and have in the past when I was in a jam. On top of that they all know when a sup is with me don't help me at all.

barnyard

KTM rider
I cover 3 routes that the people on route ask how I'm doing and know me well enough that it is almost as good as my own route.

scratch

Least Best Moderator
Staff member
I'm thinking about giving up my route I've had for 22 years or so the next time we rebid at the end of this year. It simply has too many stops on it with 160-170 a day. We have one that is a further drive that has 120-130 stops a day, you can get through by 5:00 if you want to. Current driver got ticked off when I was looking at his car, several drivers are wanting it too. I always check the bid board whenever I walk past it.

Raw

Raw Member
This new route is the closest route to the center which some drivers were telling me is not a good thing but I`m loving it as I get a good jump on the day and have longer time to get the day finished with a 5 minute drive back to the center!

cosmo1

Perhaps.
Staff member
I'm thinking about giving up my route I've had for 22 years or so the next time we rebid at the end of this year. It simply has too many stops on it with 160-170 a day. We have one that is a further drive that has 120-130 stops a day, you can get through by 5:00 if you want to. Current driver got ticked off when I was looking at his car, several drivers are wanting it too. I always check the bid board whenever I walk past it.

*In my best Dave voice.*

Maybe you should think about hanging it up before re-bidding.

;)

scratch

Least Best Moderator
Staff member
I'm actually considering retiring now. Monday has become a total disaster since we went to Saturday Ground and the increased stops per car is out of hand. With the 2018 Contract coming up, I only see things getting worse. I feel fine and am in good shape, the BS is getting too deep.