Change the forum title please

R

ramsey500

change it to UPS Information Technology so we don't get posts about shipping packages to the Bahamas and other non-I.T. related stuff---THANKS !

705red

Browncafe Steward
Well we wouldnt want you to have any interaction with our customer base! You know the people that order, ship and receive the packages so that you can sit in your cozy office sipping lattes figuring out a way to screw the working man.

Sorry to inconvience you, now go back to playing doom on your dell!

R

ramsey500

A simple request blown out of proportion by a teamster. what a surprise! and it was the moderators idea to start this forum in the first place. Asking for the name change was to make sure people looking for information about UPS would post in the correct place. i thought the name UPS Information Services might lead one to think they could get Information about UPS at this forum. In fact, many non-I.S. related posts have been moved to the general UPS Discussions forum by the moderators, so I don't think my request was really all that unusual.

705red

Browncafe Steward
Any idea how many people post threads asking advice on shiopping etc under ups discussions?

At no time has anyone ever said maybe we should change the name to "ups discussions for employees only"! "No stupid customer requests"! or "customers we dont care about you"!

You have a handful of threads to wonder through in this forum and you still find a way to cry about it.

Its the teamsters that deliver the packages, pick them up, load, unload them, drive them and yes even assist a customer on the crowncafe when they have a question without all the WWWWHHHHAAAAAAAA!

R

ramsey500

never said we didn't want to help them, only wanted to direct them to the appropriate forum where there was a better chance their question(s) would get answered by the people that do the real work at UPS.

check out this thread: Can you help us bring our Lady Rose home? Many of the posters ridiculed the customer's efforts to locate this item.

Last edited by a moderator:

scratch

Least Best Moderator
Staff member
I agree wth you and just in case you didn't,I emailed Cheryl about your idea.THX

I agree with Ramsey500. I am one of those that move irrelevant Threads to the correct Forum. I didn't know what IS was until I came on this site three years ago. The Forum title is a little misleading, occasionally threads are started by people who think IS is a general help desk for any UPS topic on this site.

Dfigtree

A simple request blown out of proportion by a teamster. what a surprise! and it was the moderators idea to start this forum in the first place. Asking for the name change was to make sure people looking for information about UPS would post in the correct place. i thought the name UPS Information Services might lead one to think they could get Information about UPS at this forum. In fact, many non-I.S. related posts have been moved to the general UPS Discussions forum by the moderators, so I don't think my request was really all that unusual.

<<it was the moderators idea to start this forum in the first place>> Guess again. And, why would you bad mouth a teamster. Fact is, if you had a union to protect you ... (you can finish the sentence)