Changes need to be made!

Integrity

Binge Poster
To All,

If you had your way what would be the first 3 things you would do to improve your Local Union?

If you had your way what would be the first 3 things you would do to improve the IBT?

Sincerely,
I

UPSSOCKS

1. For starters union officials could stop stealing union funds for personal use.
2. Lower the dues, the rich are getting richer and the workers are getting poorer.
3. Find different representation, instead of the Teamsters.

upserr1

get rid of the steward he is to close to management,let business manger know the game is over,and tell ibt they work for us not tge other way around and start inforcing the contract and not to change anything mid way thru

Returntosender

Get RID of Hoffa first. No sense fixing the locals if the national won't back them agianst UPS. Look at the results of national grievances cases majority are deadlocked or sent back to locals to be resolved. W.T.friend, if the case went to national, then does'nt that mean divison level/district and local could'nt fix the problem.

alwaysoverallowed

I just get three?!?!?!?
Internationally:
1. Enforce the contract, i.e. 22.3/9.5
2. Get rid of Lil' Jimmy
3. Win a panel decision that means something, see #1.
Locally:
1. Stop being a lackey to Hoffa
2. Be more proactive then reactive; when the company shifts work to the Post Office and third parties do something before it happens.
3. Listen to complaints from the members before they become battle cries for your departure.

Braveheart

1=Get rid of Hoffa! Vote him out!

2=Enforce the contract and stop selling us short at panels! Win something real at panels and stop giving away the monetary awards of legit back pay!

3=Listen to members and make changes to contract that benefit us! Stronger harassment language, pro-rata option days, individual vacation days!

blue efficacy

1. Enforce the contract. 2. No stewards or BAs being excessively buddy buddy with management, we had a BA who played golf with UPS upper management routinely as well as a steward who would play basketball with PT supervisors. 3. Take steps to correct the severe inequities between PT and FT workers. Then perhaps you'd have more PT workers who don't think the union is an absolute joke, and surprise surprise, you'd have a stronger union.

tourists24

1. For starters union officials could stop stealing union funds for personal use.
2. Lower the dues, the rich are getting richer and the workers are getting poorer.
3. Find different representation, instead of the Teamsters.

You dont have a union,,, apparently dont need one,,, so you should stick to what you know... hanging out in mama's basement

grgrcr88

No It's not green grocer!
1) Get everyone to attend monthly meetings.
2) Get everyone to learn the contract
3) Get everyone to grow the balls enough to file a grievance when the company is not following the contract

1timepu

You dont have a union,,, apparently dont need one,,, so you should stick to what you know... hanging out in mama's basement

Local takes in 3million in dues yearly what the friend, Union is using money to support Obama, what the friend, I agree lower Dues, they where raised for a strike fund guess what no money in the strike fund what the friend, guess what for 3 million dollars a Law Firm could be better!!!!!!! then the teamster's! I think it's time again for the Government to look into the Teamster's and AFL-CIO,!!!!!(But that wont happen till Obama Leaves)

kingOFchester

Here is the change that would truly make a real change:

1) More participation from the "brothers". I know in my center, including myself, there is little participation in the union. I know loaders who don't even know they are in a union. I know drivers that don't even know ANYTHING about the contract or how to get a copy of it. Rules are broken and ignored by management...but more importantly by us....again...including me. I play the game with the cards I was dealt. If we don't follow and stand by the contract, how can we expect UPS to follow the contract. But, I know things would be far different if we did stand together.

Here is the change that would truly make a real change:

1) More participation from the "brothers". I know in my center, including myself, there is little participation in the union. I know loaders who don't even know they are in a union. I know drivers that don't even know ANYTHING about the contract or how to get a copy of it. Rules are broken and ignored by management...but more importantly by us....again...including me. I play the game with the cards I was dealt. If we don't follow and stand by the contract, how can we expect UPS to follow the contract. But, I know things would be far different if we did stand together.
You can start yourself and lead by example. Go to the meetings there is only nine a year in my local. You can learn the contract like it's the bible others will see your knowledge and ask you tons of questions. You don't have to be a steward to help out your brothers and sisters just keep them informed of there rights. These things that i mentioned above would be a great help and give you some clout.

kingOFchester

You can start yourself and lead by example. Go to the meetings there is only nine a year in my local. You can learn the contract like it's the bible others will see your knowledge and ask you tons of questions. You don't have to be a steward to help out your brothers and sisters just keep them informed of there rights. These things that i mentioned above would be a great help and give you some clout.

Good point! Agreed

Good point! Agreed

This is how I started. Before I became a steward teamsters knew of my knowledge for the contract past practice and panel decisions. I was always involved but didn't think I had the time for the commitment of being a steward. As time passed I saw the other members lack of involvement and knew I should just step up and take it like man. It's a mostly thankless job but I think Jesus sees me trying to help and appreciates it.

UPSSOCKS

You guys are so sweet... I'm choked up.. I have a new goal in life.

I WANT TO BE A UNION STEWARD..

Thanks for showing me the light. Would I have to pay dues if I were a steward? Also what HUB/CENTER should I relocate to in order to receive the most "incentives" from management?

Your my idol.

tourists24

You guys are so sweet... I'm choked up.. I have a new goal in life.

I WANT TO BE A UNION STEWARD..

Thanks for showing me the light. Would I have to pay dues if I were a steward? Also what HUB/CENTER should I relocate to in order to receive the most "incentives" from management?

Your my idol.
Your life is so much easier UPSSUCKS,,, all you have to do is listen to what your daddies tell you to do and you do it.... then go back to your mommies basement.