Changes to Alcohol deliveries?

SmithBarney

I once got cussed out by a customer because I didn't leave her wine the day before...
apparently her "regular" driver(Ground) was a better driver than me for leaving her booze all the time
I said "sorry, it's company policy and the law, and I'd like to keep my job"
She wanted to call in a complaint, I said please do.

I'm guessing the ID thing might be a legal move, probably stemming from issues, wouldn't be surprised if its limited to certain states.

NC man

And when you scan the DL and it rejects it even if valid, then what? You just know somehow,sometime it’s gonna screw up.

Woman comes to door with screaming baby, sorry but I need to see your DL. Boy there are gonna b some pissed off customers

Cactus

Just telling it like it is
Alcohol shipments and residentials have always been a recipe for failure. Most of the time it’s sent thru the cheapest service (XS) and then requires usually multiple attempts to catch someone at home. And now a drivers license check too? What a load of crap.

Last edited:

NC man

Should just quit del alcohol, some other stuff is ASR too though.Hope shippers inform people we have to scan ID

NC man

What is star v ,is that ground thing? The photo shows ground directive,maybe us express drivers won’t have to

I have no way of verifying this myself but I'm hearing talk of alcohol shippers, or even FedEx themselves, contacting randomly selected customers to verify their ID was checked by the courier. This wouldn't surprise me in the least given the number of people who tell me their controlled prescriptions and vapes were left at the door by another courier.

Working4the1%

6531E078-3F40-4ACC-A8B3-CEA9AFAA5FD0.png

Ground the problem child screwing it up for EXPRESS again.

NC man

Some restaurants and bars ask for ID no matter how old you appear to be. Why is this such a big deal?

Just sayin people are gonna be pissed, come to door and then have to go back and get DL or on the phone ,kid screaming etc. just another layer of crap to deal with. I ask for ID now if age is questionable but rarely happens. Well, only 38 work days for me left so whatever.

!Retired!