Changes to our Moderator team

cheryl

I started this.
Staff member
First of all I'd like to say how much I appreciate each one of our moderators. Their efforts have had a tremendous influence on the development of this community. In my opinion they are the unsung heroes of the BrownCafe.

There have been a couple of recent changes to our mod team:

Channahon has decided to retire from the mod team, but she will continue on with our community as a member. Her diplomacy, good character and common sense made her a great mod. We greatly appreciate the time and effort she gave us.

While we're sorry to see Channahon leave the team there is some good news to share...

We are very happy to welcome Jones and fethrs to our mod team. :peaceful:

rod

Retired 22 years
throw all the bums out! -----oh wait a minute- that goes for politicians---never mind. Welcome new mods and thank you Channahon for your service (hows that for sucking up)

Old Man Jingles

Rat out of a cage
Congrats to Feathers and Jones - two BCers that I have observed making reasonable and polite posts in the past.

With the addition of these two strong people, it looks like Hoaxster is still the worst Mod ever. :funny:

Two words - cement dust.

Ok Fet, lets give it a shot and see how fast you are.

****, ****,************,and **********.

See how quickly you can moderate those words.

Catatonic

Nine Lives
How does one find the time to be a moderator? Do you work out some kind of schedule between you?

You just read posts as you normally would and only have to react to things you notice.
In my case that means I read UPS Discussions and UPS Labor posts mostly.
I almost never read Current Events or FedEx.
The others are hit and miss.
Moderation as normal rule takes very little more time than just reading.

Jones

fILE A GRIEVE!
Staff member
I was blackmailed into this, they had pictures. I had no choice but to act in the interest of my family. Apparently I'm to be a stalking horse for "The Shill" (that is his code name).

toonertoo

Most Awesome Dog
Staff member
We respond to reports sent to us by people who are uncomfortable with a post, and decide whether to edit it, or delete it. And someone else can undo us. Or we just are reading and see something going awry.
Really it doesnt take time, we come here anyway. It does take discretion though. Something that may not bother me, may bother someone else, so we try to take the middle road. At least that how I do it.

toonertoo

Most Awesome Dog
Staff member
I was blackmailed into this, they had pictures. I had no choice but to act in the interest of my family. Apparently I'm to be a stalking horse for "The Shill" (that is his code name).
Ill take your back too, since you are a newbie. :wink2: