Changing Shifts

weirdlindy

I need to change shifts from twilight to sunrise by submitting a letter to Human Resources. I might have to give notice if I can't change shifts soon. Any specific reason I should give to get priority status?

Catatonic

Nine Lives
I need to change shifts from twilight to sunrise by submitting a letter to Human Resources. I might have to give notice if I can't change shifts soon. Any specific reason I should give to get priority status?

You're a little weird?

Welcome to Brown Cafe, Lindy.

It is harder to hire people for the Sunrise sort than it is for the Twilight sort.
Let them know you will have to quit if you can't transfer.

1000RR

Not sure how your local is but here there has to be an OPEN spot on a shift to transfer. And even if there is an open spot, you must put it in writing that you intend to change shifts. It goes by seniority, and I think you must remain on that shift for at least 6 months. The only other way would be if you were laid off from your current shift and bumped a less senior part timer off another shift.

JonFrum

Weirdlindy, if you're a part-timer covered by the National Master, then switching shifts goes by seniority.
Article 22 --- Part-Time Employees
Section 4
The Employer will fill all vacancies and permanent new jobs for part-time employees from the part-time selection list in all months except November and December.

Part-time employees with six (6) months or more seniority shall have the right to place their name on the list of employees waiting to be moved to a preferred job within their building. Such preferred jobs shall include, but not be limited to: Preload, Sorter, Clerical, Irregular Train, Designated Responder, Carwasher, Loader and Unloader. Employees do not have the right to select any specific unit, load or workstation unless a prior past practice has been established.

Part-time employees with less than six (6) months seniority shall have the right to bid a preferred job prior to the Employer hiring from off-the-street.

A maximum of twenty-five percent (25%) of the employees on a shift shall be allowed to change shifts in any one (1) calendar year. The employee obtaining the new position shall remain on that shift for at least six (6) months.

Moreluck, is that Fox news anchor Martha MacCallum?

SoyFish

Well when I switched from the Night to Twi it was because I was laid off & the Twi needed people to work, so I lucked out.

Kraetos

Preload, Loader
Weirdlindy, if you're a part-timer covered by the National Master, then switching shifts goes by seniority.

Moreluck, is that Fox news anchor Martha MacCallum?

LoL the women on Fox News are so hot, check out Julie Banderas, and Megan Kelley, I know I didn't spell those names right.