Check out this , an Amazon driver get punished.

The Driver

I drive.
So did the driver resist arrest? If so, then... well...

I'm liberal on a bunch of things, but it sure seems like the country wants to flirt with lawlessness.

How about just park on the correct side of the road and show law enforcement your ID when they ask for it instead of being a horse's ass? Is that so difficult?

Shift Inhibit

He who laughs last didn't get it.
I’d like to see what led up to the officer putting the kid face down in the grass. These types of videos always leaves out important details.

Shift Inhibit

He who laughs last didn't get it.
So did the driver resist arrest? If so, then... well...

I'm liberal on a bunch of things, but it sure seems like the country wants to flirt with lawlessness.

How about just park on the correct side of the road and show law enforcement your ID when they ask for it instead of being a horse's ass? Is that so difficult?
The body cam shows the cop asked the driver for his license 11 times & driver refused & was argumentative, had he just given the cop his license & not been a prick nothing would have happened.

Ghost in the Darkness

I don't think there is any question there are bad cops out there doing unjust things to blacks, other minorites, and caucasians too. That being said as evidenced with the rioting, looting, theft, murdering, assaulting and etc of people in these mobs, there is no shortage of bad people walking around that cops in general have to deal with.

iruhnman630

You would think that being professional and showing your drivers license would be a reasonable expectation of being employed as a delivery driver

OrioN

double tap o da horn dooshbag

Merge this?

@TTLS1 , Amazon drivers are indirect employees, just like FXG subcontractor drivers.

But the OP's link shed light on this story.

Why didn't the driver just cooperate and show the license, registration, and insurance? That's SOP for a traffic stop inquiry...

When I was pulled over for speeding, I kept my hands on the wheel, waiting for the cop to ask me.

I replied where the documents were located in my truck, driver door pocket & behind the drivers seat on a pouch on the bulkhead wall.

then asked them if I can unbuckle my seatbelt to open the driver door and get them out.

They just said never mind, this is a warning to watch your speed.

PS, the driver wasn't parking, just stopped to deliver a package.. were the hazards flashing as well? They have lots of witnesses too & knew that officer was in the wrong

OrioN

A swarm of cops just to arrest a pissed off delivery driver... no wonder FXG subcontractors are having a tough time hiring drivers in MI...

Non sequitur

Soon the camera police state will monitor everything thing you do. Utopia to follow.

Can't wait till the technology to read your thoughts arrives. I would sure like to know when I'm talking to somebody if their being truthful.

This means you. Be honest. Until then I don't have your back.

Nolimitz

Bull :censored2: stop by an off duty cop. Arrested and released with out charges. Cops (off duty) must be really bored to worry about a van parked on the wrong side of the road.

MattM

I agree @Nolimitz. now they're trying to get him on felonies, as the prosecutor says nothing will be filed. They just love ruining lives of minorities. They'll stop you for too nice of a car, or if your car has a cracked windshield. You can't win with cops who only see color.

A white driver getting stopped would be asked to move along without ID or confrontation. Don't most delivery drivers have to stop somewhere illegally 60-70 times a day? Loading zones are rare. And many times I see the drivers back into drive ways or drive into driveways to back out of dead ends.

Minorities get very little benefit of doubt. You could have weed smoke billowing out of the sides of a car but three white teens may get asked where they're going and on their way. Three black teens and they're suspects of a robbery 3 towns over and end up getting 7-8 bogus charges on them.

DriveInDriveOut

Inordinately Right
I agree @Nolimitz. now they're trying to get him on felonies, as the prosecutor says nothing will be filed. They just love ruining lives of minorities. They'll stop you for too nice of a car, or if your car has a cracked windshield. You can't win with cops who only see color.

A white driver getting stopped would be asked to move along without ID or confrontation. Don't most delivery drivers have to stop somewhere illegally 60-70 times a day? Loading zones are rare. And many times I see the drivers back into drive ways or drive into driveways to back out of dead ends.

Minorities get very little benefit of doubt. You could have weed smoke billowing out of the sides of a car but three white teens may get asked where they're going and on their way. Three black teens and they're suspects of a robbery 3 towns over and end up getting 7-8 bogus charges on them.
download (3).jpeg

OrioN

Minority or not, one must stay calm/collected when dealing with cops... that's a stressful job to begin with.

Do as I did and show respect for them, nOt be confrontational.

Parking/stopping on the wrong side of that suburban neighborhood is less risky than at a city block & I even see regular drivers do it. I'll always hit the hazard switch too

clean hairy

If Cheech and Chong get pulled over, doubt the cops would say "have a nice day" and let them go.....