Check ride

Nolimitz

Tomorrow I get my first ever check ride (4 yrs.) Was told cannot fudge on DRA routing at all. Apparently these DRA check rides will take place at all DRA locations across the country. Oh Joy!

MAKAVELI

Tomorrow I get my first ever check ride (4 yrs.) Was told cannot fudge on DRA routing at all. Apparently these DRA check rides will take place at all DRA locations across the country. Oh Joy!

Don't worry a checkride is your friend. There is a reason why you haven't had a checkride in 4 years.

overflowed

Explain DRA fudging? Do you mean you have to follow it to a T?

Nolimitz

Must follow trace stop for stop. My routing is so friend'ed up. The station is on the south east end of town. I start some where in the middle and run figure 8's all day from east to west back to the east end, ending up on west end. catching the n/s stuff in some willey nilley fashion. I have ignored DRA from the get go doing P1 from east to west and P2 west to east

Express Courier

I haven't had a check ride since 2008. Guy next to me got 2 check rides in one month a while back and he's been with FedEx for 30 years. Seemed kind of fishy to us.

Nolimitz

So this DRA check ride went about as expected. Was 100% WAD. Followed trace stop for stop, did my figure 8's and loop the loops passing stops all along the way thru the entire day. Ended deliveries about 30 mins. later than normal. Got to first pup after 13/14 only to find I had a dead printer battery. I am fairly close to station so off we go to get a fresh one. Lost another 20 minutes on that trip. Normally my 25-30 stop pup rte is a walk in the park. Was not fun getting to my last 2 1700 closers at 1658 passing 2 later stops on my way. My normal rtb is around 1740. Pulled in at 1800 on the dot.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

So this DRA check ride went about as expected. Was 100% WAD. Followed trace stop for stop, did my figure 8's and loop the loops passing stops all along the way thru the entire day. Ended deliveries about 30 mins. later than normal. Got to first pup after 13/14 only to find I had a dead printer battery. I am fairly close to station so off we go to get a fresh one. Lost another 20 minutes on that trip. Normally my 25-30 stop pup rte is a walk in the park. Was not fun getting to my last 2 1700 closers at 1658 passing 2 later stops on my way. My normal rtb is around 1740. Pulled in at 1800 on the dot.

Is the printer battery part of your pretrip? So it it were not for the 20 minutes you spent swapping out the printer battery you would have finished at the same time that you usually do.

Nolimitz

Is the printer battery part of your pretrip? So it it were not for the 20 minutes you spent swapping out the printer battery you would have finished at the same time that you usually do.

no it is not. we are handed a battery and pray it works. they are so old, im surprised it is not a daily occurrence. Also there are no spares in the station to take in the am. the 2nd one I got was only partially charged from an AM courier returning it that day...

fedupforsure

I do a delivery rt and can not figure out what good a check ride would do. They can not set numbers as we are in a different area every day. The last few weeks we have had a few days where the maps will not print too. I have showed my dra map to my senior mgr where my last p2 stop was right across a residential street from my first p2 stop. I also have a hard time getting to my pickups on time as the rt is usually nowhere near my pickups. I have had days where I drove 28 miles from my last p1 to my 1st p2. AND THIS IS COST EFFECTIVE?????????????????????????????????

fedupped

my dra would RTB about 1700 compared to 1455 if followed. DRA has determined that 3 rts combined can do 22.5 SPH. Historically we do 14-15.