Check was deposited to somebody else's account

I work out of Memphis feeders. For the 2nd time in 2 months my check has been deposited in someone else's account...an American Express debit . After the first incident I changed from direct deposit to paper check. Someone changed it back to direct deposit inside UPSERS and had it sent to a different account with AMEX. Originally, UPS told me it was my responsibility to get my $ back from AMEX! Since then, they have been somewhat helpful but still no money!! I have talked to local payroll, manager, security, union rep.....butcher, baker, candlestick maker....still NO MONEY! Has this happened to anybody else??

Ouch

File a grievance on it with the appropriate penalties. I. That grievance request for your money to be reissued to you. I would also file article 37 for management not taking you serious.

browntroll

i would go on another computer and change your upsers pasword and any security questions you might have.
second i would check your pc for any viruses, i believe someone could have logged into your account and changed direct deposit?

Kae3106

I work out of Memphis feeders. For the 2nd time in 2 months my check has been deposited in someone else's account...an American Express debit . After the first incident I changed from direct deposit to paper check. Someone changed it back to direct deposit inside UPSERS and had it sent to a different account with AMEX. Originally, UPS told me it was my responsibility to get my $ back from AMEX! Since then, they have been somewhat helpful but still no money!! I have talked to local payroll, manager, security, union rep.....butcher, baker, candlestick maker....still NO MONEY! Has this happened to anybody else??

The Payroll Department can put you on an exception report and check your direct deposit information each week to make sure it hasn't been changed. There have been a few incidents in the past where an angry ex-spouse guesses a UPSers password and changes the employee's direct deposit information to snag the entire paycheck. Try going through your center and having them request this. If that doesn't work, PM me and I'll give you the direct contact info for Payroll.

File a grievance on it with the appropriate penalties. I. That grievance request for your money to be reissued to you. I would also file article 37 for management not taking you serious.
I have filed for check and penalty pay but not management. Will look in to that- thanks!

i would go on another computer and change your upsers pasword and any security questions you might have.
second i would check your pc for any viruses, i believe someone could have logged into your account and changed direct deposit?
I have done that,,,even did it at UPS computer instead of home computer. I believe it is happening in payroll.

The Payroll Department can put you on an exception report and check your direct deposit information each week to make sure it hasn't been changed. There have been a few incidents in the past where an angry ex-spouse guesses a UPSers password and changes the employee's direct deposit information to snag the entire paycheck. Try going through your center and having them request this. If that doesn't work, PM me and I'll give you the direct contact info for Payroll.
Funny, they have never mentioned that could be done. I have lost count of how many people I have talked to trying to prevent this and it happened the 2nd time yesterday. I want my UPSERS acct deleted completely and if it happens again they will know for sure it was done in payroll. I will try your recommendation. Thanks for the help!

I still say it's someone inside the payroll dept. doing it.
I say the same thing Shag! Can't believe they can't look at payroll reports an see if the same person did my payroll both times it happened! Or better yet, nobody in IT can tell what computer address change was made from?? You can bet if they overpaid me, they could locate their money!

Why would anyone in payroll risks their job over a few thousand dollars?

Have you or anyone called AMEX to start an investigation/inquiry on their end?
It's easy money being placed on a reload able AMEX debit card. You can buy them at Walmart and register it to Oe Blow. I have talked to AMEx fraud dept. I have acct# and routing # but not the card # which they need to track the money. UPS will not provide me with that. AMEX says they could not have made deposit w/o it. Round and Round we go!

upschuck

It's easy money being placed on a reload able AMEX debit card. You can buy them at Walmart and register it to Oe Blow. I have talked to AMEx fraud dept. I have acct# and routing # but not the card # which they need to track the money. UPS will not provide me with that. AMEX says they could not have made deposit w/o it. Round and Round we go!
And where ever that card is used is normally videotaped. Escalate the case, and call the authorities. Sister in law had something as small as a reloadable Kroger card stolen, and they got pictures of who was using that card. Didn't know them, but was glad it was only being used for groceries, and not "extras".

Ouch

Okay Blackwell why the derail? Obviously they aren't taking him serious enough to get answers for him.

Okay Blackwell why the derail? Obviously they aren't taking him serious enough to get answers for him.
VERY LITTLE HELP FROM MANAGEMENT!! My union rep has been helpful but can only do so much. I cannot track the card use because I have no card #. And the money was not stolen, so to speak, from my bank account because it never went in there!! Really over a barrell here. Seems UPS security would be concerned about the security of the UPSERS site. EVERY employee should be!