Cherry picking for easy warning letters...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Re-Raise

who's they you hearing voices again?

I guess it is really just you that won't believe it.

You sure do post a lot , still out on some kind of disability I guess.

It would probably help you if you actually got out and interacted with live humans sometime.

Even if you don't have friends as I suspect you could still go to a store or something where people might be.

Start slowly by just saying hello , or something about the weather.

I am only trying to help because I care.

brownmonster

Man of Great Wisdom
I am instructed to move the next 5 stops into the first shelf for selection. I am instructed not to reach for stops down the shelf. i am instructed not to step over packages on the floor. My dispatch supe has loaded a PM split on my first shelf 2 days in a row. I deliver 50 stops before I even look at this section while I work around it, reach over it, trip over it, etc. I keep telling the boss and keep hearing them pass the buck. Shove your safety up your hind quarter. You give me a warning letter for grabbing a package outside my power zone but load the truck so I have to and then shrug your shoulders and head home at 5. But send me a safety message that it's foggy and be safe. KMA

Re-Raise

I am instructed to move the next 5 stops into the first shelf for selection. I am instructed not to reach for stops down the shelf. i am instructed not to step over packages on the floor. My dispatch supe has loaded a PM split on my first shelf 2 days in a row. I deliver 50 stops before I even look at this section while I work around it, reach over it, trip over it, etc. I keep telling the boss and keep hearing them pass the buck. Shove your safety up your hind quarter. You give me a warning letter for grabbing a package outside my power zone but load the truck so I have to and then shrug your shoulders and head home at 5. But send me a safety message that it's foggy and be safe. KMA

There is driver reality and there is office reality. Haven't you seen the package car in the Body Mechanics video?

The floor of the PC is empty and the package car shelves are all neatly lined with lip loaded packages.

And if you look really closely you can see the driver placing his hands properly in the 10 and 2 positions on the steering wheel to better implement the push pull method of steering. It is a beautiful thing, I feel safer just thinking about it.

Signature Only

Blue in Brown
Same trouble here... PAS/EDD is great once the loop is set. Problem is, I've yet to go longer than 7 days without some manager scrambling my DOL. Resi splits on shelf 1, business splits on shelf 8, everthing on shelf 2: I've seen it all.

satellitedriver

Again why does one of us have to be right and one wrong when both are relaying what we have personally seen?

Again,
you brought up the subject, of being right or wrong, not me.
I am right in my facts and some how that is wrong.
Soon, I will voluntarily join into the attrition rate statistics.
The stupidity, arrogance and micro-management in UPS has helped me to remember that there is more to life.
When July comes, it will be Katy bar the door.
I have given much and gained much, but I will not go quietly.
This will be a very "fun" summer for me.

tieguy

Banned

you yourself can always control your own safety by using safe work methods. Don't use other issues as an excuse to be unsafe.

tieguy

Banned
There is driver reality and there is office reality. Haven't you seen the package car in the Body Mechanics video?

The floor of the PC is empty and the package car shelves are all neatly lined with lip loaded packages.

And if you look really closely you can see the driver placing his hands properly in the 10 and 2 positions on the steering wheel to better implement the push pull method of steering. It is a beautiful thing, I feel safer just thinking about it.

geez you post a lot.

probably don't have any kind of social life do you?

I imagine you tried to call the boss to see if you could come over and cut his grass?

Darn probably raining where your at.

you should try going out and socializing . Maybe go to a department store.

then again........

I think I saw you in one of these pictures.

http://www.peopleofwalmart.com/

tieguy

Banned

Again,
you brought up the subject, of being right or wrong, not me.
I am right in my facts and some how that is wrong.
Soon, I will voluntarily join into the attrition rate statistics.
The stupidity, arrogance and micro-management in UPS has helped me to remember that there is more to life.
When July comes, it will be Katy bar the door.
I have given much and gained much, but I will not go quietly.
This will be a very "fun" summer for me.

Sat I'm not sure what point you're trying to argue here.

Re-Raise

geez you post a lot.

I imagine you tried to call the boss to see if you could come over and cut his grass?

Not real big on the whole originality thing are you?

tieguy

Banned
I will never try to be unsafe. UPS should help me with that, not put obstacles in my way.

thats all i'm saying. There is a lot of dialogue here that sounds like people justifying unsafe work by blaming system problems. this whole thread started talking about observations and the discipline that results from them. I'm trying to keep it in that area even though we have some strong G forces pulling it in other directions. What happens in the building , or the safety committee meetings or in the labor hearings are seperate issues and not always in our control. What we personally do is.

tieguy

Banned
Not real big on the whole originality thing are you?

I'm perfectly happy discussing the issues but if you want to come after me I'm more then happy taking your bat and beating you with it.

heck your stuff was so weak even jones jumped in and tried to help you.:wink2:

dannyboy

From the promised LAND
you yourself can always control your own safety by using safe work methods. Don't use other issues as an excuse to be unsafe.
I will never try to be unsafe. UPS should help me with that, not put obstacles in my way.

thats all i'm saying. There is a lot of dialogue here that sounds like people justifying unsafe work by blaming system problems. this whole thread started talking about observations and the discipline that results from them. I'm trying to keep it in that area even though we have some strong G forces pulling it in other directions. What happens in the building , or the safety committee meetings or in the labor hearings are seperate issues and not always in our control. What we personally do is.​

Tie

What you dont seem to understand is that the driver is damned if he does, and damned if he does not.

We get warning letters for all sorts of stupid things, including spending too much time behind the bulkhead door. So if we do take shortcuts to cut that time down, we get warning letters to work safe.

I agree, its up to each of us to work safe. No question there.

But to hammer the safety issue when you set the stage for an unsafe day, every day, is transferring your job incompetence to become the responsibility of the driver. And when we dont deal with it in the manner you think we should, you lash out with warning letters.

Either way the driver is under threat of warning letters.

d

Bubblehead

My Senior Picture
geez you post a lot.

then again........

I think I saw you in one of these pictures.

http://www.peopleofwalmart.com/
mfln130l.jpg

Re-Raise

Bubblehead, Tie is just repeating what I said to him in an earlier post. He thinks he came up with it so I ' ll just let him think he did.

Kind of reminds me of my grandfather who used to repeat stories and we would all just smile and listen like we hadn't heard it before

Re-Raise

I guess it is really just you that won't believe it.

You sure do post a lot , still out on some kind of disability I guess.

It would probably help you if you actually got out and interacted with live humans sometime.

Even if you don't have friends as I suspect you could still go to a store or something where people might be.

Start slowly by just saying hello , or something about the weather.

I am only trying to help because I care.

Sound familiar

Status
Not open for further replies.