Cherry picking for easy warning letters...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Re-Raise

says the guy who claims he knew and used the five seeing habits perfectly before he started working here and therefore never learned anything from management about safety?

I said no supervisor I had ever really did or said anything which prevented accidents or injuries. I remember all the accidents and injuries that have happened in our center since I started there 25 years ago.

I remember the drivers involved and the mistakes that were made. I do not remember any of the management people who were there when these accidents happened.

To make it clear for you, the managers who were lauded for OUR safety record were at the right place at the right time.

dannyboy

From the promised LAND
We had a sup that had told many drivers he was the one that was going to get rid of one of our female drivers that was not working up to his expectations.

She was out making deliveries not too far from my home, and I was off that day.

She went in to make a delivery, came back out to get a second load, and he was hiding behind the building door. Not only did he scare her, but he lit into her in such an aggressive manner, that the customer told the sup to leave their property, or they would call the police.

She ended up calling me because she was all to pieces emotionally after that. And yes, she ended up quiting, after 18 years at UPS, and in large part because of this maroon.

It was the same sup that I personally watched while he intentionally threw a package at a loader while the loader was placing packages on the shelf, and had his back turned to the sup.

But yet, with all this, R*$^% got promoted to Atlanta? I am not impressed with the quality of people I have seen drawn to the corp offices. So why should I be impressed by the crap they spew.

It is interesting that the rabid animal always bites everything around itself as it dies.

Draw your own conclusion.

d

Bubblehead

My Senior Picture
We had a sup that had told many drivers he was the one that was going to get rid of one of our female drivers that was not working up to his expectations.

She was out making deliveries not too far from my home, and I was off that day.

She went in to make a delivery, came back out to get a second load, and he was hiding behind the building door. Not only did he scare her, but he lit into her in such an aggressive manner, that the customer told the sup to leave their property, or they would call the police.

She ended up calling me because she was all to pieces emotionally after that. And yes, she ended up quiting, after 18 years at UPS, and in large part because of this maroon.

It was the same sup that I personally watched while he intentionally threw a package at a loader while the loader was placing packages on the shelf, and had his back turned to the sup.

But yet, with all this, R*$^% got promoted to Atlanta? I am not impressed with the quality of people I have seen drawn to the corp offices. So why should I be impressed by the crap they spew.

It is interesting that the rabid animal always bites everything around itself as it dies.

Draw your own conclusion.

d
I didn't know that Tie worked in Atlanta?

dannyboy

From the promised LAND
Tie is an angel compared to this snake in the water.

Something else I did not mention, I do find it interesting that drivers give management all sorts of reasons for warning letters, but yet they insist on BS letters like Sober posted.

Corrupt people at the top, or in positions to mandate harassment, and we wonder why?

d

Re-Raise

For the record I have never recieved a warning letter for anything in the 25 years I have been at UPS. They haven't started that crap here yet.

My center hasn't had an auto accident or injury in at least 2 years.

Amazingly we are able to function without the harassment.

I even tied my own shoes the other morning with no supervisor present.

dannyboy

From the promised LAND
ReRaise

All I can say is be thankful, very very thankful.

I still have at least the majority if not all of mine. You can see large gaps within the dates of issue, as a series of managers left, and others came in. Most I ever got in one day was 6. Nit picking for the most part, as is the reason for this thead.

One of these days, I will post some of the more humorous ones.

d

tieguy

Banned
I said no supervisor I had ever really did or said anything which prevented accidents or injuries. I remember all the accidents and injuries that have happened in our center since I started there 25 years ago.

I remember the drivers involved and the mistakes that were made. I do not remember any of the management people who were there when these accidents happened.

To make it clear for you, the managers who were lauded for OUR safety record were at the right place at the right time.

And again I don't know how you can make that statement. Any supervisor that has done any safety training at all has done something that has prevented accidents and injuries.

Your 25 years speaks well for you but your argument that you have never learned anything from any management person is not realistic.

tieguy

Banned
For the record I have never recieved a warning letter for anything in the 25 years I have been at UPS. They haven't started that crap here yet.

good for you on the 25 years. Good that you feel you don't need much supervision.

However your argument that no management person has done anything to prevent injuries or accidents would be the same as me saying that you have not doing anything worthwhile in 25 years. I'm confident that somehow , somewhere you actually did something of value to the company in those 25 years.

Re-Raise

good for you on the 25 years. Good that you feel you don't need much supervision.

However your argument that no management person has done anything to prevent injuries or accidents would be the same as me saying that you have not doing anything worthwhile in 25 years. I'm confident that somehow , somewhere you actually did something of value to the company in those 25 years.

You just keep believing we somehow need you and I 'll keep pretending I care what you are saying.

I had a Drivers Ed teacher when I was 16. Some of the kids who took the class had accidents some did not. The ultimate responsibity lies with the pupil.

I try to teach my kids how behave responsibly. Then I trust them to make good decisions. I have never had to spy on them.

grgrcr88

No It's not green grocer!
Sober your post again shows that you think you have found a better answer on how to do the job. You have therefore rationalized reasons to do the job "your way". thats why you got the attention and response you did. If your center manager believes she could tell you to fix it and you would then you would not get the warning letter. Instead you rationalize reasons to violate the methods and your management knows this. They therefore give you formal discipline.

Don't you think they should at least try?

cosmo1

Perhaps.
Staff member
I got a warning letter this week for looking at my DIAD as I was pulling out of the building.. Yes I did it, but a little silly all the same. Was wrote up for not following Space and Visibility guidelines.

He got you too? Did that last week up here.

grgrcr88

No It's not green grocer!

They surely at least made that a task in EDD, right!!!

Re-Raise

This is what you get when a company's worst employees make up its management. UPS is nothing more than a company run by unethical, criminal, hypocritical, harassers. Many in management don't have the ability or intelligence to find real solutions so they choose to hurt employees who have not embraced their corrupt corporate culture as they have done. The general public is quickly learning how this company operates. Sadly, many customers already know. Such a disgrace....

I think it is more from fear. They are so afraid they will have to answer a conference call like Tieguy said they try to cover their own ass with a paper trail.

Can they show a correlation between warning letters and safety numbers? I contend there is none.

They could do things that might help, like pass out cleats for the drivers who deliver on ice, but they don't.They seem to think if we memorize a slogan they have done their job.

But seriously they sit in an office, let them think they are having an impact. It will make that doughnut taste better.

Re-Raise

I will give Tieguy credit for having the cajones to say what he thinks here when most of us disagree.

But he is such a jerk about it he confirms the negative image most of us have of a large number of UPS management.

tieguy

Banned
I will give Tieguy credit for having the cajones to say what he thinks here when most of us disagree.

But he is such a jerk about it he confirms the negative image most of us have of a large number of UPS management.

I'm always amazed at how some posters here think they need to put down some group of upsers in order to feel good about thievselves. I've learned to appreciate the contributions of many fine upsers over the years. that does not mean I look the other way when they say something outrageous. If challenging you on your BS attacks and assessments makes me a jerk then let me be the jerk.
I can live and sleep comfortably without your approval.

dannyboy

From the promised LAND
Omega man

Not all management are jerks. The vast majority are really decent people, just very scared for their jobs is all.

The problem with this whole thread is that the company is using a tool that at one time actually had meaning, and reducing it to a worthless piece of paper. The misuse of warning letters just goes to show that leadership, intelligence, ingenuity have mostly fallen by the wayside.

Now they try to use the club to accomplish their will. Problem is, the misuse has turned it into a paper mache club, one which the union and the members can turn back against the company in the future if documented properly.

d

tieguy

Banned
Actually Tie is worse, he smiles to our face than stabs us in the back. I would rather have a supe be an a-hole to my face. In over 20 years at UPS I have realized that UPS management is..time to hush! :wink2:

And now this thread goes to the bizzarre . Here we have someone who does not know anything about me and how I operate speculating on what he thinks I am like.
And you guys actually wonder why I respond to this type of stupidity the way I do?
I really think you guys need to learn to deal with these boss hangups you have.
And if you can't discuss these issues without encountering your feelings of inferiority then you should probably stay off the thread.

Last edited:

Cezanne

What ever happen to our "growing green" paperless mandates. Less warning letters equals less cutting down trees in our rain forests, considering global warming and the such. Darn right unpolitically correct.

tieguy

Banned
What no farting noises?

you talking to me or bubbles? oh thats right double standard.

Nothing about how "scarey" it is for me to teach my kids?

I'm afraid you'll abuse them more if I mention them anymore. bad enough you teach them your managment hang ups and how to lie.

I ll try to remember to keep my hands at 10 and 2,

why now its clear you don't believe in working safely?

you be careful answering that phone. Try to rest your elbow on the desk or something so you don't strain yourself.

will do thats my job. Did you want me doing your job since you're so ****ty at it?

Status
Not open for further replies.