Chicago Driver Shot

feederdriver06

former monkey slave
The trash that did this will shoot their mouths off to their buddies and before you know it the suspects will be in custody. Also there were probably witnesses that hopefully wont be afraid of retribution and will come forward. I'm sure the police investigating this will have the heat turned way up on this one. Robbery of interstate commerce will probably have multiple agencies in on the investigation.

rod

Retired 22 years
Unfortunately this is Chicago we are talking about. I'm surprised it even made the local news. :sad-little:

hondo

promoted to mediocrity
Unfortunately this is Chicago we are talking about. I'm surprised it even made the local news. :sad-little:
This neighborhood, Englewood, is one of the worst. Shootings down there still make the news, but there is definitely more time and resources (live reports on location) being devoted because it is a UPS driver.

loserupser

Two minute Therapist
here is an update brothers

this driver is out of Bedford park one of the routes from the closed dobson center.
Hes expected t make a recovery according to news website, and have a suspect in custody

ups1990

Let's hope this person makes a full recovery. It's really amazing, if one thinks about it, that more of us have not been shot during a robbery. We deliver to every part of this counrty. From the rich and famous neigborhood of Bel Air, to this bad part of Chicago. This driver had enough to stress about ,now he gets shot.

dannyboy

From the promised LAND

We all take it for granted that we will return home each night.

While they said he was alert and responding, who knows what damage was done.

Prayers for him and for his family.

d

bigbrownhen

Ironic. I was thinking today about how this could happen to any of us out there. How many times have you had to tell someone trying to pay a COD with cash that we can't take their money and they act surprised. I bet the mass public think we carry cash on us and all it takes is one of these thugs to get the idea to rob us.

Prayers to this driver and his family. May he make a full recovery.

slantnosechevy

Time for UPS to eliminate COD's entirely. You can still get robbed but this would eliminate any possibilities of anyone thinking we do carry cash. Plus it would eliminate confrontations with customers over how the shipper wants paid. It would eliminate the customers who play the system like the bridal shops. I believe COD's are on the rise because of the credit card companies reducing credit limits. We're not bankers or collection agents and we've got enough to do during our daily routine. There are bad neighborhoods in every major city just like Englewood and as this economy worsens we all become a higher percentage target.

JustTired

free at last.......
"The man has been employed with UPS since 1997 and has been a driver with the company since 2003, Rosenberg said. Police eventually released the truck and deliveries were continuing this afternoon, she said."

Oh, thank God. That was really worrying me...............NOT!!

Prayers to the driver

over9five

Staff member
Do you think his management teams first question was, "Well, can he finish his route???"

KIDDING, DON'T FLAME ME!!!!!!!!!!!

Brown_Eyed_Girl

Just added to the 5 keys: #6 "Make sure bullet proof vest secure". So sad to see this happen and so close to home too. Hope he makes a speedy recovery.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

This is sooooooooo UPS.
I don't know if we should laugh or cry...

What would you expect them to do? The driver was either at or on his way to the hospital. The contents of the pkg car or the pkg car itself were not part of the investigation. UPS did the right thing by calling in someone or having a sup finish the route. They do have a business to run.