Christmas eve falls on a Saturday?

HEFFERNAN

Huge Member
Last year, Xmas eve was on a Friday and everyone's truck had 1/2 as many stops than they had earlier in the week. We were told to keep our helper the whole day to finish early, then call in and see if any other drivers needed help. Also we were told to make 2nd attempts on any residential package that we didn't deliver. Any resi package left over gets put on a pallet in case theres a frantic call for it.

Having a full 5 days of business going into a Saturday xmas eve is actually a good thing for all the drivers. Of course, people will procrastinate and try to ship last minute Saturday airs but nothing to screw up our holidays. At worst, there is a sign-up sheet and low seniority drivers may get forced to help.

Xmas eve is worst on a MON, TUES, WED, when everyone orders last minute gifts the weekend before and every building gets destroyed by the volume.

I know 2 places I wont be on Saturday Dec 24, 2011
- any mall or shopping center
- and WORK

The Blackadder

Are you not amused?
Last time xmas fell on Sunday everyone from the top down worked in my building, unless you ran out of hours.
I had a really bad week that year and worked over 56 hours, so sadly I was unable to work SUPER SATURDAY> LOL.

menotyou

bella amicizia
I wonder if my jock itch is an acceptable excuse to take the day off.
Nope.
Just itch it all day in front of everyone else, like the some of the guys at my center. I think those are the same ones who use the soda bottles and leave them for their loader to throw away.:angry:

Jones

fILE A GRIEVE!
Staff member
The last time xmas eve was on a Saturday it got a little ugly because they waited until Wednesday to announce that everyone would have to work by which time a lot of folks had already made plans. A lot of drivers were planning on calling in and weren't making a secret about it either. We had a decent center manager at the time and at the pcm on Friday he told us just to let him know then if we weren't coming in, there wouldn't be any repercussions he just needed to know how many drivers he was gonna have. Bottom line it worked out ok, there are always enough people who want the extra money that they had enough people to get the job done.

ups1990

Nope.
Just itch it all day in front of everyone else, like the some of the guys at my center. I think those are the same ones who use the soda bottles and leave them for their loader to throw away.:angry:
You crack me up.
This is the reason why I don"t shake hands with any driver, only use the pump fist. This reminds me of those drivers whom no one can stand , yet we deal with them. They're like a fungus, you deal with it cause you can't really get rid of them.

I'm afraid(very afraid) that we'll be ordered to work on this day due to the increase of online shopping this year.

working up a sweat

Super Saturday is on Dec. 17 this year. That's the night where FT sups are allowed to work loading and laboring. Love to bust their chops that night about their load quality. All in good humor in the spirit of Christmas Season. They take it in ease.

PT Stewie

"Big Fella"
Being an air person I have to work until 9 most Christmas Eves very happy it falls on Saturday this year ! get to hang out with my new grandson