Christmas Eve

ARGH, I tried to take that week as vacation. Not enough seniority:biting::angry-very2:
Why waste a perfectly good vacation? Just sign up for it. Sure it might be unpaid but you had 51 weeks notice.

Hey o9,seeings how your newer to feeder i just wanted to remind you to bring the deck of cards on Monday. I hate sitting around with nothing to do.

It`s not bad here,mostly taking lease trailers back to the railyards. Half the time you work 8 but they ask if you want hours only. I tell them to give me one hours pay and I wont come in at all.

helenofcalifornia

And for the drivers that are working the week after Christmas, talk about challenges! Many routes collapsed and then shoved into another truck. Your area which used to be 1/4 of a city, is now 1/2. Fun, fun, fun.

PT Stewie

"Big Fella"
I have worked every Christmas Eve until 9PM for the last 12 years.I won't this year because of an operation on my knee.I am going to make sure food and goodies are delivered to my buddies at the air wall.

JimJimmyJames

Big Time Feeder Driver
Working Monday,not Tuesday,not Wednesday,not Thursday,not Friday. Peaks over for us and feeder seniority is an even greater thing.

Damn, and I thought having just Christmas Eve off was sweet!

The nice thing for me is Friday is my regular day off. So taking the lay off for Christmas Eve, I still will have a 40 plus hour week.

Bad thing is, I will only have a three day weekend since I start work on Sunday.

(I know, I know, boo hoo on me, lol)

Jones

fILE A GRIEVE!
Staff member
I feel lucky now. Our center overstaffed this year. I made cutoff in the past 2 weeks. I got 8.5 hours worked 2 days ago. :) My hopes are high for 24th eve.
Did you look outside this morning? Next week is going to be ugly. I'm betting they want us to work next Saturday if we don't get it all cleaned up by Thursday.

Just_another_day_at_work

Did you look outside this morning? Next week is going to be ugly. I'm betting they want us to work next Saturday if we don't get it all cleaned up by Thursday.
Yes I did. Roads are empty, 2 feet snow, low 4X4 on, smooth ride. Hope they will clean it up by Monday or at least by Wednesday. I checked the weather it looks OK for the rest of the week.

brownrod

Wouldn't that week be considered a 2010 vacation week?

We don't select for a calendar year. We start vacation selection in january for march 1st of the current year to feburary 28th of the next year.

So the drivers had last years week after xmas in mind when they picked vacation weeks in jan/feb of 09 for march 2009 to feb 2010.

What'dyabringmetoday???

Wouldn't that week be considered a 2010 vacation week?
According to the company, in our neck of the woods, it is considered a 2010 week. According to the blue book I carry in my backpack, it is a 2009 vacation week. Unfortunately, too few people get involved and step up to the plate to ensure the contract is followed. Oh well.

D

Dis-organized Labor

The planes would be on time if the mechanics just had a dang contract!

I agree. I wonder why they won't agree and get this over with.... I don't know all the ins and outs, but from what I hear, it seems fair.
Strategically, maybe before the economy tanked the Company's position may have been a little softer.

I dunno'????

Catatonic

Nine Lives
Merry Christmas
xmaslights.gif