Christmas Lights. Do you put them up?

texan

Growing up, I remember my whole neighborhood had them.
Now where I am at, not so much. Do you put them up?

Catatonic

Nine Lives
Growing up, I remember my whole neighborhood had them.
Now where I am at, not so much. Do you put them up?
We use to but not so much anymore.
We decorate mainly on the inside since I live 650 feet from the road out in the country.
We do put the tree up where people coming down the road up on a hill from about a 1/4 mile away where people can see it.
And we put big lights on the deck for the same viewers.
We also put up a stand up wire frame Santa Claus on the side porch entrance where everyone comes in.

We do go out riding around 2 or 3 nights each Christmas season to enjoy the lights that many others put up.

PT Stewie

"Big Fella"
I outlined the whole house usually on Thanksgiving weekend. Sometimes the boys helped sometimes not. A guy in the neighborhood the same age who basically did the same thing fell off his roof and died last year while his wife was out shopping .Very sad. So this year it's candles in the window and lighted wreathes in a few places.

Catatonic

Nine Lives
I outlined the whole house usually on Thanksgiving weekend. Sometimes the boys helped sometimes not. A guy in the neighborhood the same age who basically did the same thing fell off his roof and died last year while his wife was out shopping .Very sad. So this year it's candles in the window and lighted wreathes in a few places.

That is indeed sad. I generally do all work in and around the house. However, I make two exceptions - anything 220 volt and anything on the roof.
I am taking a vacation day today because my roof is getting replaced. The lead guy had a question and asked me to come up on the roof.
I asked him to explain it to me and told him, you know a lot more than I do about roofing; do what you think is best. No roofs for me.
I use to have a 30 foot ladder and I sold it and kept my 12 foot extension and step ladder. If I can't reach it with those, it doesn't get fixed by me.

Merry Christmas to all and stay safe.

Dizzee

ɹǝqɯǝɯ ɹoıuǝs
ChristmasLights.jpg

dilligaf

IN VINO VERITAS
I love Christmas lights. Yes! When I get old and retire I hope to have one of those houses that one can see from a looooooong way off.

old levi's

blank space
We use to but not so much anymore.
We decorate mainly on the inside since I live 650 feet from the road out in the country.
We do put the tree up where people coming down the road up on a hill from about a 1/4 mile away where people can see it.
And we put big lights on the deck for the same viewers.
We also put up a stand up wire frame Santa Claus on the side porch entrance where everyone comes in.

We do go out riding around 2 or 3 nights each Christmas season to enjoy the lights that many others put up.

I think that's a Southern thing Hoax.
Hey, y'all wanna ride around and look at lights? Ok, but after that I gotta go to the Walmarts.
( Why the s ; Who knows? ) Another Southern thing.

dilligaf

IN VINO VERITAS

I think that's a Southern thing Hoax.
Hey, y'all wanna ride around and look at lights? Ok, but after that I gotta go to the Walmarts.
( Why the s ; Who knows? ) Another Southern thing.
Not just a southern thing.............................. we do it here too. Hmmmm, I guess we are southern to, or at least south. Maybe it is a southern thing. :happy-very:

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

We did it when we were stationed in Texas and continued the tradition up here.

There is a house next to where my brother lives in Connecticut that goes all out--they have a display choreographed to music. It is not uncommon to see 10-20 cars sitting on each side of the road. We did it one year--very cool.

We also have the people who leave them up all year.

dilligaf

IN VINO VERITAS
We have one that does the music/lights every year. They've done it for years. He has 2 shows a night with each show lasting about an hour. And it gets bigger every year. It takes him about 2 months to set up.

moreluck

golden ticket member
We did it when we were stationed in Texas and continued the tradition up here.

There is a house next to where my brother lives in Connecticut that goes all out--they have a display choreographed to music. It is not uncommon to see 10-20 cars sitting on each side of the road. We did it one year--very cool.

We also have the people who leave them up all year.

That's when the associations come in handy.....Christmas decorations must be removed by Jan. 15th here.