Church

TooTechie

Geek in Brown
Funniest thing happened last night. I was delivering to a church pretty late and when i walked in I heard sounds coming from the sanctuary. As I entered the room 30 people stopped and turned to look at me. It was a big choir (all African-American) and people watching them practice. When I got up to the their leader at the microphone one wiseass in the choir yelled over to me will you be joining us? A couple others chuckled.

Without hesitating I grabbed the mic and sang/said loudly "ah-yesssssssssah" like you would expect a fire and brimstone southern black preacher would sound like. The room errupted into uncontrollable laughter and one guy was laughing so hard he fell out of his chair. It took about 4 minutes before the lady at the microphone could bring herself to sign and they were still howling when I finally left. I smiled for the next 5 stops.

Indecisi0n

crazy-praise-2-o.gif

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
Funniest thing happened last night. I was delivering to a church pretty late and when i walked in I heard sounds coming from the sanctuary. As I entered the room 30 people stopped and turned to look at me. It was a big choir (all African-American) and people watching them practice. When I got up to the their leader at the microphone one wiseass in the choir yelled over to me will you be joining us? A couple others chuckled.

Without hesitating I grabbed the mic and sang/said loudly "ah-yesssssssssah" like you would expect a fire and brimstone southern black preacher would sound like. The room errupted into uncontrollable laughter and one guy was laughing so hard he fell out of his chair. It took about 4 minutes before the lady at the microphone could bring herself to sign and they were still howling when I finally left. I smiled for the next 5 stops.
Why would you get a signature at a church? It is after all the house of God.

oldngray

nowhere special
Churches and farms can be treated as a residential stop but this particular one doesn't have a rectory so I usually get a signature.
A rectory is different since it is a residence. A rectory is usually a separate entrance and stop than the church.

TooTechie

Geek in Brown
A rectory is different since it is a residence. A rectory is usually a separate entrance and stop than the church.
On any route I've run I've always delivered to the rectory/parsonage unless they also have a full time staffed office or a school/nursery school attached to it or unless they've made a request that I do it otherwise. Never had a complaint.

rod

Retired 22 years
I've been in a couple of churches in Texas that you could get lost in. Damn---everything is big in Texas.

oldngray

nowhere special
I've been in a couple of churches in Texas that you could get lost in. Damn---everything is big in Texas.

Josh Olsteen's mega church in Texas has something like 50,000 members. That's more a football game than a church.

Jackburton

Gone Fish'n
Churches are great to use their facilities. Almost always clean bathrooms, some have coffee shops, and everyone is willing to sign, even if they don't work there.