Citizen’s Arrest gone wrong Georgia

wilberforce15

And now we’ve reached the victim blaming portion of defense of racist murderers. Is there a playbook you guys have to follow or does it just work out this way?

The guy had a long history of gun and property crime.

They were right to suspect him. And they were right to treat him as armed.

And I've yet to see a law the white guys broke.

oldngray

nowhere special
I have great news:

Jogging while black is perfectly safe if you don't have a long history of gun and property crime, and you aren't using your jogs to case homes for future burglaries.

Rejoice!

Except dont jog in the hood. That's actually dangerous.
He was seen checking out a home construction site. In a neighborhood 8 miles from where he lived.

wilberforce15

They chased a man down and murdered him. That’s not legal. Ttku

Confronting him with guns, detaining him, and waiting for cops is perfectly legal. While that was happening, the no good Thug tried to take their guns and fight them. Shooting is completely and directly allowed for in the law.

If you don't like that, change the law.

It will be fine

Confronting him with guns, detaining him, and waiting for cops is perfectly legal. While that was happening, the no good Thug tried to take their guns and fight them. Shooting is completely and directly allowed for in the law.

According to you the murderer knew the victim. What prevented him from calling the police? He decided to murder him instead. It was not justified, just because you think racist murder is cool doesn’t mean it’s legal.

oldngray

nowhere special

It does sound like he attacked them but also they initiated the confrontation. It will be interesting to see what a jury decides. Not a slam dunk for the prosecution by any means.

DriveInDriveOut

Inordinately Right

I believe they had to have actually witnessed the crime to do a citizens arrest. Not sure yet if that happened.

Wrongful imprisonment is definitely a possible charge. The shooter and the dead guy both had a legal right to stand their ground from what I saw.

fishtm2001

It does sound like he attacked them but also they initiated the confrontation. It will be interesting to see what a jury decides. Not a slam dunk for the prosecution by any means.
He was unarmed and defending himself. Hilarious that you think an unarmed jogger is supposed to let people come after him with guns and he's supposed to just lay down.

DriveInDriveOut

Inordinately Right
According to you the murderer knew the victim. What prevented him from calling the police? He decided to murder him instead. It was not justified, just because you think racist murder is cool doesn’t mean it’s legal.
Maybe if you provided proof these men that you are attacking and disparaging were racist, then you would have a valid point.

But you haven't so you don't, and if you could then you already would have.

oldngray

nowhere special
He was unarmed and defending himself. Hilarious that you think an unarmed jogger is supposed to let people come after him with guns and he's supposed to just lay down.
No he wasn't defending himself. He initiated the contact. He may have felt threatened but that gives him no right to attack.

vantexan

Would have been smart for him to comply and wait for police. Someone points a gun at me and says citizens arrest I'm not going to do anything but stand there. Doesn't excuse what they did, but how many times have you seen a black man on video who refused to comply with law enforcement and got shot. Yes I know they weren't but point is if someone is pointing guns at you just comply.

oldngray

nowhere special
Would have been smart for him to comply and wait for police. Someone points a gun at me and says citizens arrest I'm not going to do anything but stand there. Doesn't excuse what they did, but how many times have you seen a black man on video refused to comply with law enforcement and got shot. Yes I know they weren't but point is if someone is pointing guns at you just comply.
For some strange reason he didn't want to hang around for the PoPo to arrive.

It will be fine

Would have been smart for him to comply and wait for police. Someone points a gun at me and says citizens arrest I'm not going to do anything but stand there. Doesn't excuse what they did, but how many times have you seen a black man on video who refused to comply with law enforcement and got shot. Yes I know they weren't but point is if someone is pointing guns at you just comply.
Ya. I can’t imagine why a young black man in the south didn’t willingly submit to a couple rednecks with guns.