Citizen United, part deux..the sequel..the scam: directed by the REPUBLICANS

The Other Side

Well-Known Troll
Troll
In yet another blow to the democratic process, the US Supreme court today did away with campaign contribution limits on the heels of their passage of Citizens United.

Now, millionaires and billionaires can contribute without limits and purchase control of this country.

http://www.nydailynews.com/news/pol...mits-campaign-contributions-article-1.1742895

For those people who think they believe in democracy, this ruling should outrage you, but then we all know you wont be unhappy because this ruling will help the GOP to increase fundraising.

I cant wait for the first conservative justice on the SCOTUS to drop dead from a heart attack.

TOS.

oldngray

nowhere special
In yet another blow to the democratic process, the US Supreme court today did away with campaign contribution limits on the heels of their passage of Citizens United.

Now, millionaires and billionaires can contribute without limits and purchase control of this country.

http://www.nydailynews.com/news/pol...mits-campaign-contributions-article-1.1742895

For those people who think they believe in democracy, this ruling should outrage you, but then we all know you wont be unhappy because this ruling will help the GOP to increase fundraising.

I cant wait for the first conservative justice on the SCOTUS to drop dead from a heart attack.

TOS.

You should be dancing in the streets celebrating. All of the biggest contributors give to Democrats. The vilified Koch brothers are only 59th on the list.
http://www.opensecrets.org/orgs/list.php

The Other Side

Well-Known Troll
Troll
You should be dancing in the streets celebrating. All of the biggest contributors give to Democrats. The vilified Koch brothers are only 59th on the list.

Your sort of correct, but mostly wrong as usual. This ruling, will ultimately hurt the GOP in years to come. With no limits, the democrats will ultimately still out fundraise the GOP and outspend the GOP in all political races.

This is still outrageous.

In the citizens united ruling, people like this dirtbag gave millions of dollars to try and beat President Obama.
http://www.usnews.com/news/articles...on-willing-to-spend-100-million-to-beat-obama

There were plenty of other MILLIONAIRES who gave close to 30 million to superpaks like KARL ROVE to use in races across the country in states they didnt even live in.

How would you feel if George Soros gave endless millions of dollars to democratic superpaks for races in red states?

This ruling opens the door to larger corruption in our political process than citizens united started.

YOUR vote GRAY, should have the same value as mine or anyone else in this country. If someone gives 100 million dollars and you give 500 dollars, how can your vote carry the same value?

Think about it.

TOS.

wkmac

Going one step further, I've never seen TOS speak of the Koch Bros. backing democrat causes but then the conservative and some libertarian circles never speak of it either. But then in other libertarian circles, we call it "The Kochtopus."

In the case of the Koch Bros. all is not as it seems.

oldngray

nowhere special
Wow! I got a "sort of correct" from TOS ! :yawn2:
And this court ruling is very limited in impact. The max contribution per candidate, its just the on total for all candidates went away. And Soros DOES spend millions on "his" candidates as also does Bloomberg. Overall its pretty much a net wash despite efforts to blow it out of proportion.

roadrunner2012

Four hours in the mod queue for a news link
Troll
Going one step further, I've never seen TOS speak of the Koch Bros. backing democrat causes but then the conservative and some libertarian circles never speak of it either. But then in other libertarian circles, we call it "The Kochtopus."

In the case of the Koch Bros. all is not as it seems.
I wouldn't call the DLC a 'modern' Democratic organization. They were/are as neo con as the Bush cabal. They are a bunch of blood thirsty, war loving, capitalists. Bill Clinton (and Hillary) being the face of the group. Their goal was/is to push the party to the right, therefore it was a Koch-worthy cause.

Babagounj

Strength through joy
TOS , you are so wrong in Mass. this change of the law will be great for the GOP .
If you haven’t figured it out, the purpose of campaign finance restrictions is to protect incumbent politicians. This shouldn’t be a surprise given that these laws were passed by … incumbent politicians.
And in Massachusetts, “incumbent” is a synonym for “Democrat.”
Think about what it means to run as a Republican in this state.
Incumbents are already in office, so they already have power. They can do big-donor favors, while a challenger can only make promises about tomorrow.

Babagounj

Strength through joy
Why the derail TOS ?

Did I mention something that might be true ?
(ask the billionaire who got U.S. Sen. Ed Markey (d) to go after Herbalife for him)
Unions which, according to the Center for Responsive Politics, gave more money between 1998 and 2012 ($552 million) than all the nonunion donors on the top 25 list combined ($441 million).

DriveInDriveOut

Inordinately Right
Why the derail TOS ?

Did I mention something that might be true ?
(ask the billionaire who got U.S. Sen. Ed Markey (d) to go after Herbalife for him)
Unions which, according to the Center for Responsive Politics, gave more money between 1998 and 2012 ($552 million) than all the nonunion donors on the top 25 list combined ($441 million).
The top 25 list combined only added up to 441 million? I'd bet that list is way off.... I don't care enough to check to be honest with you, this line of conversation seems to be about something else....

The Other Side

Well-Known Troll
Troll
You still can't dispute the facts so resort to usual tactic of trying to divert attention.

By saying you dont understand isnt attacking your "facts". I already said the DEMS outspend the GOP. Somehow you missed it.

I already said that the DEMS will end up recieving more money than the GOP.

I said that this ruling is BAD for our democratic process because it encourages the buying of politicians.

You can only provide us an opinion piece describing what I already wrote on this very thread.

Think man, think.

TOS.