Classic FedEx Incident

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
Yeah, I remember the time these three little green guys flew up next to me while I was eating lunch in my truck. They wanted to swap vehicles for an hour. I thought cool, I can zip around in a flying saucer. Joy riding little bastards took off before explaining the controls and I had to sit on an undersized seat for 40 minutes hoping no cops or Tommy Lee Jones and Will Smith would come along. Not as exciting as half naked women answering doors, true, but it's amazing the stories we have. On the plus side the little green guys liked my Sprinter much better than the UPS truck they stole the day before.

Jesus says there are no aliens. You blaspheme.

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
God and Jesus may well have been aliens from an advanced civilization. Put that in your pipe and smoke it.

Oh, so the red-haired fair skinned Jesus we've all seen forever should really be a little green man with a spaceship? OK, let's go with that.

The idea that we're "it" is ridiculous. And there is no "God" as you say there is. I believe Jesus existed, but not that he was the son of a non-existent Space God.

But you can believe, and that's the beauty of America. You think it's true, and I think it's false.

We agree to disagree.

Last edited:

vantexan

Oh, so the red-haired fair skinned Jesus we've all seen forever should really be a little green man with a spaceship? OK, let's go with that.

The idea that we're "it" is ridiculous. And there is no "God" as you say there is. I believe Jesus existed, but not that he was the son of a non-existent Space God.

But you can believe, and that's the beauty of America. You think it's true, and I think it's false.

We agree to disagree.
You're missing the point. We don't truly know the nature of God. For all we know an advanced, benevolent civilization, maybe multiple civilizations, came here and influenced our development. I don't know, and neither do you. I do know your sneering, belittling of others is a clear sign that they may have failed.

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
You're missing the point. We don't truly know the nature of God. For all we know an advanced, benevolent civilization, maybe multiple civilizations, came here and influenced our development. I don't know, and neither do you. I do know your sneering, belittling of others is a clear sign that they may have failed.

The evidence I see points to no God. I agree that nobody knows about advanced civilizations. Being critical of ignorance isn't "sneering". It's a valid observation of the facts.

Most Christians deny the possibility of other forms of advanced life BTW.

Fred's Myth

Nonhyphenated American
The evidence I see points to no God. I agree that nobody knows about advanced civilizations. Being critical of ignorance isn't "sneering". It's a valid observation of the facts.

I’m willing to hear your proof there is no God.

My being critical of your stupidity isn’t sneering. Hope that encourages you.

vantexan

Many Christians believe dinosaurs lived during the time of man. It's how they make their beliefs jibe. The archeological record says different.

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
I’m willing to hear your proof there is no God.

My being critical of your stupidity isn’t sneering. Hope that encourages you.

Look around at the world. What concrete evidence do you see of "God" or His (for you) divine intervention? A lot of bad things happen, especially to good people, and God ain't there for them. Plagues, famines, disasters, war....on and on. No God, no peace, because there isn't one (a God).

Illogical to die so you can live forever, and a classic fairy tale (The Bible) is what it all rests upon.

Your stupidity isn't my problem, so continue in your ignorance and pray to Space God for salvation from your many sins, one of which is obviously being gullible to scams.

BadIdeaGuy

Staff member
You beat me to it. As far as I can tell there is zero proof, just faith.

Yes, the Bible is mostly nonsense. Trump's favorite book BTW.

Faith is the whole point.

Proving something you can't fully comprehend is as impossible as disproving it.
Disparaging those who choose to have faith is a great reason for the massive rift that exists in this country.

vantexan

Disparaging those who choose to have faith is a great reason for the massive rift that exists in this country.
I believe, in spite of having doubts, that the world is a better place because of Christianity and Christians. The seething hatred that comes through by nonbelievers makes me think the world would be almost unliveable without Christianity.

Nolimitz

You may have "faith" that is not proof. don't ask me to prove there is no God if All you have is faith. The bible was written by men not God.

Nolimitz

I believe, in spite of having doubts, that the world is a better place because of Christianity and Christians. The seething hatred that comes through by nonbelievers makes me think the world would be almost unliveable without Christianity.
So no or religions are true faithful believers? or are all others "false Gods"

vantexan

So no or religions are true faithful believers? or are all others "false Gods"
I don't live in those regions of the world and it so happens that this country allows freedom to practice one's religion as long as no one is being hurt. All I know is that people who practice Christianity to the best of their ability make a place much safer and kinder.

UnconTROLLed

perfection
I don't live in those regions of the world and it so happens that this country allows freedom to practice one's religion as long as no one is being hurt. All I know is that people who practice Christianity to the best of their ability make a place much safer and kinder.
You must be joking.