Classification Package car Driver vs Car Washer...seniority

I am a 32 year package car driver. A vacancy (due to someones retirement) has posted in my Center, for Car Washer. I was told that I must have seniority WITHIN THE CLASSIFICATION to be eligible for this position? A clerk, with less seniority has applied and will be considered before me? Central Pa

This is what I'm seeing the word QUALIFIED is used loosely:

(b) Bidding on Vacancies and New Jobs - Full Time Employees: 1. During the year between the posting of the schedule, employees in the order of their seniority and provided they are qualified, shall have the right to bid on starting times in their own or other classifications.

(b) Bidding on Vacancies and New Jobs - Full Time Employees: 1. During the year between the posting of the schedule, employees in the order of their seniority and provided they are qualified, shall have the right to bid on starting times in their own or other classifications.
Section 8 The Employer shall maintain individual seniority lists for auto mechanics, maintenance mechanics and clerks in accordance with their respective job classification and they shall be separate and distinct from the seniority list of other employees covered by this Agreement. A clerical employee whose work is affected by computerization and whose job is abolished will dovetail into another classification for which the employee is qualified.

hondo

promoted to mediocrity
I am a 32 year package car driver. A vacancy (due to someones retirement) has posted in my Center, for Car Washer. I was told that I must have seniority WITHIN THE CLASSIFICATION to be eligible for this position? A clerk, with less seniority has applied and will be considered before me? Central Pa

Section 8 The Employer shall maintain individual seniority lists for auto mechanics, maintenance mechanics and clerks in accordance with their respective job classification and they shall be separate and distinct from the seniority list of other employees covered by this Agreement. A clerical employee whose work is affected by computerization and whose job is abolished will dovetail into another classification for which the employee is qualified.
What did your business agent say, when you called the union hall and asked?

Bubblehead

My Senior Picture
Waiting for a phone call
Beware of anything you read here in regards to seniority practices, as we fall under numerous regional and local supplemental contract language and seniority agreements, complete with precedent setting cases and letters of understanding.

FrigidFTSup

Resident Suit
Is this in the master? All of our clerks are under the same job classification as preloaders or local sorters.

the_weasel

Under Central PA supplement a full time car washer and a Full Time package car driver are all under the same building seniority list only classification under Central PA supplement that is under its own classification is the Mechanics. Sign the bid highest seniority full time employee in the building to sign will win the vacant car wash bid.