Classification

davburke

I currently have a twilight bid classification for irreg driver. My sup keeps telling me to step off the irreg train and go unload trailers. What article should i file and what should the grievance say?

22.34life

Yes by all means work as instructed and lite their a@# up for supervisors working.in the unload especially sups work all day.file for the classification also but know this, u have to hit the company in the pocket to hurt them.u file enough supervisor working and they will leave u alone.

22.34life

Article 22 in the master is what ur looking for.but again supervisor working is what will get u what u want.file both on the same day,the company what get the point

BigUnionGuy

Got the T-Shirt
I currently have a twilight bid classification for irreg driver. My sup keeps telling me to step off the irreg train and go unload trailers. What article should i file and what should the grievance say?

Being a little more specific of your supplemental location, would help.

Bidding procedures and Local work rules are different all over.

You wanna win.... don't ya ?

-Bug-

BrownMonk

Old fart Package Car Driver
What should i write?

"The Company is violating Articles 22, 37 and all others that may apply of the National UPS C.B.A. and ______________ Supplement. I am being forced from my bid position. I am asking that the Company cease and desist from the practice immediately and that I be returned to my bid position. I further request that the Company make me whole in every way."

I would quote the Articles that apply to seniority and bidding (some Supplements have a separate section/Article for part timers) in your Supplement on the grievance after Article 22, 37,... They have different numbers in each Supplement so you need to check that yourself.

If they are moving you over during the shift when they need help in an area, the Company is in their rights so long as they don't have anyone else doing your job. If anyone with less seniority in your classification is doing it, it may be a violation depending on the terminology of your Supplement.

Jkloc420

Do you need an air compressor or tire gauge
"The Company is violating Articles 22, 37 and all others that may apply of the National UPS C.B.A. and ______________ Supplement. I am being forced from my bid position. I am asking that the Company cease and desist from the practice immediately and that I be returned to my bid position. I further request that the Company make me whole in every way."

I would quote the Articles that apply to seniority and bidding (some Supplements have a separate section/Article for part timers) in your Supplement on the grievance after Article 22, 37,... They have different numbers in each Supplement so you need to check that yourself.

If they are moving you over during the shift when they need help in an area, the Company is in their rights so long as they don't have anyone else doing your job. If anyone with less seniority in your classification is doing it, it may be a violation depending on the terminology of your Supplement.
@Future is upset at this long post

BigUnionGuy

Got the T-Shirt

He is @BrownMonk for a reason.

monk-in-brown-robe-2.jpg

There is something to be learned here.

-Bug-