Clerks in NJ Settlement

The Milkman

A grievence filed back in 2004 was settled last week on behalf of friend/T clerks. When the new I believe PAS system (or PAL) rolled out, part timers were doing the friend/T clerk jobs. It did not make it to arbitration. 3 1/2 million dollars or so to be divided up amongst the Clerks:happy2:

Toshiro Hitsugaya

Another settlement that will hurt the regular guys at UPS, do not be surprised when they do 8 and out for FTs and do whatever they can to keep the lowest paid ppl on the clock longer. Hubs are just getting over the last one where they paid out $$$ to the Shop Stewards nationwide.

The Milkman

Another settlement that will hurt the regular guys at UPS, do not be surprised when they do 8 and out for FTs and do whatever they can to keep the lowest paid ppl on the clock longer. Hubs are just getting over the last one where they paid out $$$ to the Shop Stewards nationwide.

When I was a clerk in 2000 I got maybe 1/2 to 3/4 Ot per day then little by little it was 8 and skate at the expense of cutting customer counter hours and flip flopping the hours we were open without regard to customer service. Too bad for the customers who were able to ship their pkgs at 8am..We will now open at 9am. Talk to open at 11am did not pan out, but other counters I believe did open later than us. I believe this was to push customers to the UPS stores , thus reducing volume at counters to show higher ups that we can further reduce friend/T clerk positions. When I retired they tried going with 1 clerk instead of 2, but that did not work , although they tried and tried to make it a 1 clerk Job:dissapointed:

sven

Supposedly the settlement was agreed to be paid out within 30 days starting from Aug 30th. Since there has been only "word of mouth" information till this post, Ill believe it when I see the check.

grgrcr88

No It's not green grocer!
If there is a settlement and money is due. It must be paid within ten days ar penalty pay is assesed on top. Unless there is an agrement between both parties to extend the time allowed for payment.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

If there is a settlement and money is due. It must be paid within ten days ar penalty pay is assesed on top. Unless there is an agrement between both parties to extend the time allowed for payment.

I would think that in a settlement of this size there would be some flexibility on both sides, within reason. 30 days sounds appropriate.

The Milkman

Supposedly the settlement was agreed to be paid out within 30 days starting from Aug 30th. Since there has been only "word of mouth" information till this post, Ill believe it when I see the check.

The Hall called me as I moved to Az and said Ups has to submit a list of clerks to be sorted out. Once that happens then the checks will be sent. It will be a while to sort out the list as many have retired and transfered to other positions . Many will get pro rated cks going back to the time the greivence was filed and the time they left the classification

sven

Regarding the clerks settlement: no printed version of the settlement seems to exist. Only verbal confirmation from the Union. "Supposedly" UPS had 30 days from Friday Sept 30th to payout the grievance settlements to the clerks, retired or dismissed employees unmentioned. The date of the grievance dated to 2004 with the introduction of the Preload Assist Label system where as part timers were doing full time clerk work. If anyone has a link to said settlement online, kindly link it here please?

The Milkman

Regarding the clerks settlement: no printed version of the settlement seems to exist. Only verbal confirmation from the Union. "Supposedly" UPS had 30 days from Friday Sept 30th to payout the grievance settlements to the clerks, retired or dismissed employees unmentioned. The date of the grievance dated to 2004 with the introduction of the Preload Assist Label system where as part timers were doing full time clerk work. If anyone has a link to said settlement online, kindly link it here please?

I retired in 08 and I would be eligable to that date. All others who have been clerks to this date will recieve a full share vs partial to others like me