Clint Eastwood's RNC Speech

Necropostophiliac

Clint Eastwood is now 82.

He is getting older and some were dismayed that he is showing his age in this speech.

A lot of "icons" of Hollywood and TV, as the grew very older, are not seen again.

Johnny Carson and many others seemed that they wanted to be remembered in their prime.

Some are blessed like George Burns and Bob Hope that aged well and had no shake in their voice
and kept their wit.

For those that missed the speech by Clint, here it is:
Watch Clint Eastwood Speak at Republican National Convention - YouTube

bbsam

Staff member
Why defend Eastwood against attack from disrespectful people when he was being less than respectful to the president? He put himself in those cross-hairs. You can't wear glasses, pick a fight, and then complain when the other guy hits a guy with glasses.

klein

Für Meno :)
Yesterday our news reported his speech compared to his film title "The Good, Bad and Ugly"
That's how his speech went (started out good, went bad, all the way to out right ugly) .

moreluck

golden ticket member
Yesterday our news reported his speech compared to his film title "The Good, Bad and Ugly"
That's how his speech went (started out good, went bad, all the way to out right ugly) .
In the end (8:40 or so) he says "we own the country" and "politicians are employees of ours"

How in the world do you think that's ugly?? It's the truth.
All he had to do was just walk out on stage...............

"Stay off my lawn!"

bbsam

Staff member
In the end (8:40 or so) he says "we own the country" and "politicians are employees of ours"

How in the world do you think that's ugly?? It's the truth.
All he had to do was just walk out on stage...............

"Stay off my lawn!"

Maybe that's all he needed to say. Problem is he said so much more.

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
I listened to all of about 2 minutes of it on the radio. The guys on the radio broke in twice during those 2 minutes to say pretty much we have no idea what he's saying or what's going on we are sorry folks. I love Eastwood but it was terrible.

Catatonic

Nine Lives
It was painful and uncomfortable for the setting.
I came in on this speech with about 5 minutes left and this was the only part of the RNC I watched other than about 10 minutes of Romney at the end.

Romney was better.

I liked the look on Mrs Romney's face that everybody was showing on the news yesterday.

gman042

Been around the block a few times
Well.....Eastwood had never really been a great public speaker......just being himself.....but showing his age. He was uncomfortable and not very polished on his delivery which made his speech that much more difficult to digest. However, he did have some good mixed in with the bad. Short and to the point would have been better.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

Well.....Eastwood had never really been a great public speaker......just being himself.....but showing his age. He was uncomfortable and not very polished on his delivery which made his speech that much more difficult to digest. However, he did have some good mixed in with the bad. Short and to the point would have been better.

"President Obama.....get off my lawn."

Jones

fILE A GRIEVE!
Staff member
I won't watch it, reading about it was bad enough. I've always liked Clint and prefer to remember him for the good things he's done in his long career.

Clint (on phone): "Romney torpedoed. Mission accomplished, Barry." Barack (on phone): "Thanks, Clint. Also, THE GAUNTLET ruled."

The Other Side

Well-Known Troll
Troll
117923_600.jpg

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
Maybe that's all he needed to say. Problem is he said so much more.

Makes one wonder how much he was really acting in Gran Torino. The whole RNC seemed structured to appeal to low-information, middle class and older whites, who are really scared at the prospect of another 4 years of a Black president and even more scared that whites are becoming a minority in this country. It's impossible for them to embrace diversity.

This is why they trotted-out Eastwood. He's an icon to that generation, and having him ream-out "the help" in an empty chair appeased that low-brow racist element of the GOP. Too bad the real deal wasn't sitting in the chair. He would have kicked Clint's ass.

Romney and Ryan's tactic are beneath contempt. I smell Karl Rove in the background cooking all of this crap up. Good luck in 2016.

brett636

Why defend Eastwood against attack from disrespectful people when he was being less than respectful to the president? He put himself in those cross-hairs. You can't wear glasses, pick a fight, and then complain when the other guy hits a guy with glasses.

Because this president isn't worthy of respect. I respect the office, but the man currently occupying it is a disgrace to this country.

The Other Side

Well-Known Troll
Troll
Because this president isn't worthy of respect. I respect the office, but the man currently occupying it is a disgrace to this country.

You know, Clint-tastrophy felt the same way, and today he is the laughing stock of the country, so can you imagine how you are viewed?

peace

TOS