Clinton Called In To Give Obama Legitimacy

island1fox

Clinton Called In To Give Obama Legitimacy

over9five,
I agree. As I stated on a similiar thread Obama is in way over his head. As Clinton was speaking about this enormous issue Obama excuses himself to meet Michele to go to a Christmas party.
He has no clue, no leadership abilities and obviously no pride ---after being President for two years ---he brings a guy in who has been out of office for the past ten years !!!!????
Everyone keeps bragging about the Clinton economy but fails to mention that it was a phony dot com economy that collapsed the last year he was in office.:sad-little:

klein

Für Meno :)
over9five,
Everyone keeps bragging about the Clinton economy but fails to mention that it was a phony dot com economy that collapsed the last year he was in office.:sad-little:

It sure beats Bushes phoney housing boom ! Houses weren't everywhere in foreclosure when the Nasdaq (Internet companies failed) ! Unemployment wasn't a factor either.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

Has this ever happened before--a sitting President bringing in a former President for advice and then allowing him to hold an impomptu press conference? I am afraid that whatever credibility Pres. Obama may have had was lost yesterday.

moreluck

golden ticket member
If the main star can't get it up and sustain it, don't they just call in a "Fluffer?"

According to Wikipedia then, fluffer could be right.....one of the 'turned on' males would be Chris Matthews, the tingler, making the word fluffer appropriate!

moreluck

golden ticket member
Has this ever happened before--a sitting President bringing in a former President for advice and then allowing him to hold an impomptu press conference? I am afraid that whatever credibility Pres. Obama may have had was lost yesterday.

NO, this is the only pusillanimous- whipped prez. ever !! He said Michelle had been kept waiting 30 mins.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

I would think that the only time this may have happened before is if Bush II asked Bush I to help him with the big words. (nuclear)

All kidding aside, Obama had no intention of speaking at the press conference and used the Michelle excuse as his way of giving Clinton the floor. We all know how much Bill loves a microphone. Obama lost what little credibility he may have had yesterday.

moreluck

golden ticket member
Damn More, President Wonderboy sure has you in the gutter talk mode. You kiss your mother with that mouth?
:happy-very:

Sadly, not since '85.........................But wonderboy as you call him brings out "the best" in me!! Time is short, gotta speak my opinion!!

island1fox

It sure beats Bushes phoney housing boom ! Houses weren't everywhere in foreclosure when the Nasdaq (Internet companies failed) ! Unemployment wasn't a factor either.
Klein,
Not too bright on your part. This is an instance where you should stick to Canadian problems. If you did any research you would know that Fannie Mae had its beginnings under FDR. With the deregulating under Clinton banks began making risky loans without downpayments and proper credit checks for fear of being branded racists for not giving minority loans . The housing collapse took over sixty years of politicians being involved where they should not have been.
The BUSH Tax cuts pulled us out of a financial disaster after sept 11th ---BY THE WAY --the SAME tax cuts that the great OBAMA is demanding his party keeps in order to create jobs !!!!?????:happy-very:

over9five

Staff member
At least he can admit he's imperfect.

But should he? He should have consulted Bill behind the scenes, maybe had him make some phone calls. But to bring him to the White House, and let him take over the press conference while you sheepishly walk out....

I just think that was a huge mistake.

wkmac

I find the ability of a person to admit their limitations to be admirable but not when that person is the President of the United States. As Over said, meet with Clinton behind closed doors but do not turn the reins over to him.

I don't even have a problem if POTUS had brought out an advisor such as an economist of tax policy expert to give a more technical explanation but I'd expect POTUS to remain on stage the whole time and once a short presentation is made to then step back up and take back over. That's fairly standard practice and I'm cool with that but what Obama did with a former President to my knowledge is unprecedented. I can only wonder what the WH Press Corp. thought of this and I think just in image alone could further damage Obama's creds.

I got no skin in this game in the first place but what I saw yesterday are the actions of someone not planning on a 2nd term!