Clo Hol on Christmas eve - or not ?

InTheRed

should have been closed holiday. they also should have been pulled off if you gave the address to the dispatch supervisor.

old levi's

blank space
should have been closed holiday. they also should have been pulled off if you gave the address to the dispatch supervisor.

I know what it should have been, and I know what it was. We were told to not record the pkg. at all. Bring them back and the clerk will enter them as known closed. Company doesn't have a paid send again and driver gets no credit for the stop. Clearly a win/screw situation for all involved. :angry:

AKCoverMan

We (Anchorage, AK) sheeted as CLH not CL1, 2, or 3. We discussed this during a PCM and the word was that days that a business is closed in conjunction with a holiday counts as Closed Holiday. No post-it note required. Both on 24th and on 26th. Some places (mostly doctor’s offices I noticed) are closed all next week so of course those are FUT.

On the 24th I did a 4x4 route that was all resi all the time. (This was my sweet assignment during last two weeks of peak…in a rented Ford Expedition with power everything, AM/FM Radio and CD player no less!) On 26th I covered a bid route in the MatSu Valley that included a lot of business. Many of these were “drive by” stops.. I would go 4-5 stops in a row just driving by and seeing they were closed.. when I finally got to one that was open I would stop, sheet all of the “drive by” stops I had passed as CLH, move those packages to my ever growing pile of send agains (I ended up with about 65)., then deliver the stop that was open.

We were pretty much killed on the 26th. It was supposed to be an “air only” light day so about a quarter of our routes were cut, but then a buttload of volume that was planned for the 24th but was stuck in Seattle until the 25th was added after the “light day” plan was in place.

A lot of stops came back to the building. We have a normal (non-peak) plan for Monday so I am guessing everyone will be in the red!

InTheRed

On the 24th I did a 4x4 route that was all resi all the time. (This was my sweet assignment during last two weeks of peak…in a rented Ford Expedition with power everything, AM/FM Radio and CD player no less!)

How'd you wind up with that? Needed another vehicle or is the terrain/snow out there terrible?

AKCoverMan

How'd you wind up with that? Needed another vehicle or is the terrain/snow out there terrible?

We have four company 4x4 vehicles used on routes that include areas which need them in the winter. These are basically Ford friend-350 pickup trucks with a custom box on the back that has shelves inside. They can hold maybe two thirds of a P-500 load.

These routes blow out during peak and we need spits but we have no more 4x4s so every peak we rent some. This year we rented four of them. We load the first and part of the 2nd “shelf” in the back of the rental and the rest goes in towed U-haul trailer. Get on or near area, drop the trailer in a parking lot, go deliver, then come back and load up again.