Closed after 5

sikidiki

Just curious, i had a few closed after 5 covering a heavy business/pickup route, 3 total businesses and about 8 packages it was only my second time covering that route, 180 stops and they were at the bottom of my page, can i just say i was working as directed and following orion 100%? Or do i just have to take the hit, i have no way of telling an address is a business at the bottom of my board. No one knows that route well enough to tell me otherwise or i would have asked. ugg.

542thruNthru

Just curious, i had a few closed after 5 covering a heavy business/pickup route, 3 total businesses and about 8 packages it was only my second time covering that route, 180 stops and they were at the bottom of my page, can i just say i was working as directed and following orion 100%? Or do i just have to take the hit, i have no way of telling an address is a business at the bottom of my board. No one knows that route well enough to tell me otherwise or i would have asked. ugg.

They won't care what you say. So just tell them the truth. Take the hit and move on. It happens to everyone once in a while.

zubenelgenubi

I'm a star

We have to call them in at my center, but then you sheet them as missed. As long as you sheet them properly there's not much they can do to you. Maybe yell at you and try to hurt your feelings? I've missed random businesses smack dab in the middle of residential areas, and the packages only had peoples' names on them, so there was no way to tell they were businesses. Crap happens.

40 and out

As with many things at UPS your punishment could be anywhere from nothing to fired. If closed after 5 is the flavor of the month, you could be in trouble.

i

iruhnman630

You are supposed to magically know what every commercial address is, including churches and schools in the middle of residential neighborhoods.

Admit your failures as a human being, take this beatdown, grovel for forgiveness, plead for mercy, and move on.

Tears will help.

El Correcto

god is dead
You are supposed to magically know what every commercial address is, including churches and schools in the middle of residential neighborhoods.

Admit your failures as a human being, take this beatdown, grovel for forgiveness, plead for mercy, and move on.

Tears will help.
Tears will just be used as lube take it like a man.

barnyard

KTM rider
The best way to avoid this is at 1400 go through your car, move packages forward and check the labels for suspected businesses. This takes some time, so when asked why you are over allowed, explain that you are looking for businesses that will be missed because of the ridiculous Orion 'solution.' Be sure to use air quotes when explaining. Roll your eyes too.

Maple Grove MN Driver

Cocaine Mang!
The best way to avoid this is at 1400 go through your car, move packages forward and check the labels for suspected businesses. This takes some time, so when asked why you are over allowed, explain that you are looking for businesses that will be missed because of the ridiculous Orion 'solution.' Be sure to use air quotes when explaining. Roll your eyes too.
That isn't your job.
It is a dispatch problem.
They could make it easier but they refuse to.

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
If you don't know a route at 3-4 pm send in a message asking what businesses you have to deliver.

Richard Harrow

Deplorable.
Not your problem.

Had ORION been instituted properly in your center, the address in question would have been delivered by 5 pm. All addresses have either a commercial or residential designation in the edit map screen that only management has access to. In addition, the commercial addresses have the option to (a) not be loaded on car by day of week if closed and (b) latest delivery time/ close time.

If this information had been entered into their system, the packages would have been higher up in the manifest so as to avoid being sheeted closed.

If they give you a hard time, file article 37 providing you followed ORION 100% on that day.

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
Not your problem.

Had ORION been instituted properly in your center, the address in question would have been delivered by 5 pm. All addresses have either a commercial or residential designation in the edit map screen that only management has access to. In addition, the commercial addresses have the option to (a) not be loaded on car by day of week if closed and (b) latest delivery time/ close time.

If this information had been entered into their system, the packages would have been higher up in the manifest so as to avoid being sheeted closed.

If they give you a hard time, file article 37 providing you followed ORION 100% on that day.
Orion isn't an excuse for service failures.

Wally

BrownCafe Innovator & King of Puns
Nice knowing you.

giphy-9.gif

Fuzzy Brown

Some places its called missed, closed after 5...or even Ni 1 residential

They once told me not to record a missed business just bring it back to the building.
Took picture of tracking # and tracked it the next day and lo and behold NI1 time 20:45.
That makes for a nice ace up the sleeve.