C'mon Wall St. Give UPS some love

moreluck

golden ticket member
Good day for UPS.

I like hearing comments like....."you know, UPS is a very conservative, careful company and if they're investing in Europe, then they must know something".....

texan

hmmm the investors like it.
up_g.gif
2.64(3.36) per cent

brownelf

Been waiting for awhile for it to get above $80 again, seriously considering selling my remaining shares. Sold most of it the last time it was at $80 and that was years ago.

bbsam

Staff member
Good day for UPS.

I like hearing comments like....."you know, UPS is a very conservative, careful company and if they're investing in Europe, then they must know something".....

...that they are losing market share here at home?

klein

Für Meno :)
Just did yesterday. Unloaded all of it. Closing was $81.11.

May be wrong move but may be good move. Most of it was bought way below that price.

You did the right move ! :

UPS carries about $11 billion in debt on its balance sheet and could tap credit lines for $12 billion in additional debt. The company has $4.1 billion in cash and $1.3 billion in marketable securities.
(and now that cash is gone too, buying TNT).

Protect yourself from the falling US dollar and buy some natural resources and minerals mutual funds.

moreluck

golden ticket member
You did the right move ! :

UPS carries about $11 billion in debt on its balance sheet and could tap credit lines for $12 billion in additional debt. The company has $4.1 billion in cash and $1.3 billion in marketable securities.
(and now that cash is gone too, buying TNT).

Protect yourself from the falling US dollar and buy some natural resources and minerals mutual funds.
You're not giving investment advice, are you?

klein

Sometimes you need to think outside your own little world.
Some Canadians paid US$60 for a UPS share, and paid C$100 for it.
What good is that now ?

moreluck

golden ticket member
Sometimes you need to think outside your own little world.
Some Canadians paid US$60 for a UPS share, and paid C$100 for it.
What good is that now ?
Read about all the things you can do with stock besides just putting it under your mattress.

klein

Told it before, I invested in nasdaq mutual funds, and kept on investing in them while working with UPS (screw the 5% discount).
Apple is my major holding, I quadupled my money in 5 years !

Now it's time to invest against the US dollar and buy up natural resources, such as gold, silver, copper, even oil.
Don't you ever watch investment news and programs ?

You do know the Euro is getting out of trouble (gained almost 2% yesterday, C dollar also gained 1% and other major currencies around the world.

Until the US comes close to having a balanced budget in sight - bet against it !

moreluck

golden ticket member
Told it before, I invested in nasdaq mutual funds, and kept on investing in them while working with UPS (screw the 5% discount).
Apple is my major holding, I quadupled my money in 5 years !

Now it's time to invest against the US dollar and buy up natural resources, such as gold, silver, copper, even oil.
Don't you ever watch investment news and programs ?
Had a $20,000 day last week.......do you really want to lecture me about investments?

klein

No................... Apple options!

Housing is not under control and I sold my real estate investments before the bubble bursting and got double my money back.!

Good move ! Been telling people all along to invest in the Nasdaq and technology !

rod

Retired 22 years
I just tell the wife that sometimes we lose a new pickup and sometimes we gain one. Its all on paper anyway and if you are paranoid about things you have no reason to even be in the market