Code 43 ....

lobo157

Got a question for the board ........Is there some unwritten rule out there about the use of code 43 by stations to lessen the impact of late freight arrivals ??.....At our station the additional time allotted to us to deliver P1s, is always verbally announced and never ever broadcast by dispatch on a Powerpad ...Is this common practice, or is this deliberately kept off airwaves to fly under the radar ??

Operational needs

Virescit Vulnere Virtus
Got a question for the board ........Is there some unwritten rule out there about the use of code 43 by stations to lessen the impact of late freight arrivals ??.....At our station the additional time allotted to us to deliver P1s, is always verbally announced and never ever broadcast by dispatch on a Powerpad ...Is this common practice, or is this deliberately kept off airwaves to fly under the radar ??

Probably to fly under the radar. If it's not in writing, it didn't happen. Lol. We also get word verbally.

outtatime

Before I quit Express last year there was "officially" no extra time given for P1's. We were always told to deliver all P1's first. On a normal non-late freight day we would get a broadcast to send late counts to station after 10:30. However, on late freight days we would always get a message to send lates after such and such time, like 11:43 or something they figured out. Needless to say, after 10:30 it was game on for me late freight or not. Never heard a word about it otherwise. Damned if I was going to be out delivering all night just because someone in Memphis can't get the planes out on time.

Fred's Myth

Nonhyphenated American
The additional time allotted pertains only to internal criteria and does not affect the money back guarantee. It only lets station management off the hook from explaining service failures during the additional time, therefore no formal announcement.

Come on @WestcoastHD, you can use your big boy words and tell us why you disagree. A red x just to be childish means nothing. :)
Screenshot_2015-08-26-08-33-51.png
:tongue_sm

hypo hanna

We were told in dispatch not to broadcast additional time because of late inbound. Their rational was that "drivers would slow down."