Code 8s and Dex3s...

fatboy33

Is this a focus issue because lately the messages about 8s and 3s are out of control. Are the SM'ers getting pressure from MEM for undelivered packages? Today our SM said if any business told you they're leaving early, don't take out their deliveries. Even if they told you they're closing 1 hour early, don't take out their stuff. With that, I think the station had a very low code 8 count today. We should have plenty of work on Tuesday, to add.

Operational needs

Virescit Vulnere Virtus
Is this a focus issue because lately the messages about 8s and 3s are out of control. Are the SM'ers getting pressure from MEM for undelivered packages? Today our SM said if any business told you they're leaving early, don't take out their deliveries. Even if they told you they're closing 1 hour early, don't take out their stuff. With that, I think the station had a very low code 8 count today. We should have plenty of work on Tuesday, to add.
Yes. That's been a big issue for awhile.

BakerMayfield2018

Fight the power.
Is this English ?????

McFeely

Huge Member
Today our SM said if any business told you they're leaving early, don't take out their deliveries. Even if they told you they're closing 1 hour early, don't take out their stuff.

We were told the same. I took out 2 different businesses because they were both P1 and glad I did because they were both there and really needed the packages. One of these businesses was closed last year on the Friday before the 4th and my manager said not to bring it out because of last year. How is that serving the customer?

Cactus

Just telling it like it is
We were told the same. I took out 2 different businesses because they were both P1 and glad I did because they were both there and really needed the packages. One of these businesses was closed last year on the Friday before the 4th and my manager said not to bring it out because of last year. How is that serving the customer?
It's not. Most managers don't care about customer service unless they get a nasty phone call from a disgruntled customer. Looks to me like there's a bonus on the line for them by having only a small percentage of business 08's. Another example of the severe disconnect between Memphis, managers and the real world.

!Retired!

They've been pushing reattempts and indirect deliveries...
We were told ALL business DEX 8's MUST be reattempted. All DEX 3's must be delivered to the new address, as long as it's within reason. If it's to far, you're supposed to call a manager. They haven't bothered me about indirects....yet.
I have a dentist office that had me put down they are closed on Fridays. One Friday I forgot (DRA didn't mark it as closed) and took it out. They were there. They told me that sometimes there's someone there doing paperwork, but most times not. Try explaining THAT when a manager asks why you took it out 'knowing' they are closed.

Star B

White Lightening
So, part of me thinks a dex8 done by a CSA is different than a dex8 done by a courier. Must be pinching pennies at the expense of serving the customer.

El Morado Diablo

We were told ALL business DEX 8's MUST be reattempted. All DEX 3's must be delivered to the new address, as long as it's within reason. If it's to far, you're supposed to call a manager. They haven't bothered me about indirects....yet.

In addition, we are doing reattempts on ALL residential P1's. There has to be at least 15 minutes between reattempts. Our extended routes were told to sit there for 15 minutes if they have to before attempting it a 2nd time if it's in an out of the way location on their routes (it goes without saying it was suggested they take a break).

whenIgetthere

I took one out yesterday to a business I haven't delivered to in months, they were closed. manager wanted to know why I didn't know they were closed, umm, because I haven't been there in months! Duh!

Operational needs

Virescit Vulnere Virtus
In addition, we are doing reattempts on ALL residential P1's. There has to be at least 15 minutes between reattempts. Our extended routes were told to sit there for 15 minutes if they have to before attempting it a 2nd time if it's in an out of the way location on their routes (it goes without saying it was suggested they take a break).
Thank goodness THIS stupidity hasn't hit my station yet. I'm on an extended route. I would laugh right in my manager's face if he suggested I take a break while waiting the 15 minutes, just as I did when he suggested that if I ever ran out of DEF on the road that I should take one.

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
Thank goodness THIS stupidity hasn't hit my station yet. I'm on an extended route. I would laugh right in my manager's face if he suggested I take a break while waiting the 15 minutes, just as I did when he suggested that if I ever ran out of DEF on the road that I should take one.

We have been told there is no longer such a thing as a DEX 03. In other words, a bad add can't be a bad add. So, if I go out, and there is no such address, I cannot use DEX 03 to indicate that this is the case.

Retarded.

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
They've been pushing reattempts and indirect deliveries...

Code 3's are a big deal because so many of the newbies can't find a good address. So, at least in my station, the Code 3 no longer exists. That means that every address is good, even when it isn't.

FedEx logic at work.

Operational needs

Virescit Vulnere Virtus
Code 3's are a big deal because so many of the newbies can't find a good address. So, at least in my station, the Code 3 no longer exists. That means that every address is good, even when it isn't.

FedEx logic at work.
So what are you supposed to do with those "bad address packages that are not bad addresses"?