Coinsurance?

undies

I'm going over some of the material sent through the mail regarding the new WR177 health plan and I'm seeing this coinsurance term all over the place. I don't recall seeing that in our previous plan. I don't want to jump to conclusions, but this does not settle well with me.

Does anyone have some insight as to what that means? The plan seems very different than what was advertised by the union.

Thanks.

Daalcaar

I haven't even received anything in the mail, and I have a doctors appointment in two days. Do you guys know if the same insurance card still covers it, or did they send out new ones?

Daalcaar

You may be able to download temporary ID cards from your insurer's website.
I tried it, but the thing is I still do not know my new member ID since I still haven't received any of the benefits cards. I can only log in to my old UPS plan and I was told that come June 1st that card won't be valid anymore.

Daalcaar

I'm going over some of the material sent through the mail regarding the new WR177 health plan and I'm seeing this coinsurance term all over the place. I don't recall seeing that in our previous plan. I don't want to jump to conclusions, but this does not settle well with me.

Does anyone have some insight as to what that means? The plan seems very different than what was advertised by the union.

Thanks.
If I'm not mistaken the only coinsurance I remember seeing is for major dental work. Where else did you see coinsurance at?

Wally

BrownCafe Innovator & King of Puns
I too am in the 177

Thanks.

They are talking about the copay and yearly deductible. Also, ER visits only pay 80% if not an accident and you are not admitted.

ups1990

Page 3 of the summary of benefits Western Region received yesterday.
Urgent care 20% coinsurance. Many of us here with school age kids use this service. I can see how the OOPL of 2000.00 for a family could be reached very quickly.

Last edited: