Cola 2012/13

I GOT ONE MORE

Regarding the cost-of-living adjustment imbedded in our contract language, with the convoluted formula that addresses this adjustment, I wonder how gasoline prices will impact this equation.

I know we are aways out from our next raise on Feb 1, or if the Aug 1 date would be more relevant (new contract noted).

We have had a serious surge in fuel prices, and if this is a factor, one would think we might get a few pennies more. Maybe even a dime.

I GOT ONE MORE

COLA is based on the CPI.

NO KIDDING SHERLOCK

Now I understand why some here don't like you.

But I'm still neutral, call me ......Switzerland.

Soooooo, Mr upstate, is gas included in the CPI, aside from yours?

The amount of the cost-of-living allowance shall be determined as provided below on the basis of the "Consumer Price Index for Urban Wage Earners and Clerical Workers, CPI-W (Revised Series using 1982-1984 Expenditure Patterns), All Items (1982-84= 100), published by the Bureau of Labor Statistics, U.S. Department of Labor" and referred to herein as the "Index".Effective August 1, 2003 2009, and every August 1 thereafter during the life of the Agreement, a cost- of-living allowance will be calculated on the basis of the difference between the Index for May 2003 2009 (published June 2003 2009) and every May thereafter, and the base Index for May 2002 2008 (published June 2002 2008) and every May thereafter, as follows:
For every 0.2 point increase in the Index, over and above the base (prior year’s) Index plus 3.0% there will be a 1 cent increase in the hourly wage rates payable on August 1, 2003 2009, and every August 1 thereafter. These increases shall only be payable if they equal five ($.05) cents in a year.

I take that dime and put it into the pension. My 32 buck an hour job can pay for gas whatever it costs. The people I feel sorry for are the people I deliver to in the factories. Making between 9 and 13 an hour and having to pay these prices is just wrong.

DS

Fenderbender
$200 a year for the rest of my career???
Can I have your share?
You have a career?I thought you were service provider:wink2:
I'll give you $20 to pick a new avatar though.
Ginger Baker whapping a teddy bear on the head is getting irritating.

menotyou

bella amicizia
You have a career?I thought you were service provider:wink2:
I'll give you $20 to pick a new avatar though.
Ginger Baker whapping a teddy bear on the head is getting irritating.
andy-capp.jpg
andy-capp.jpg

JonFrum

Regarding the cost-of-living adjustment imbedded in our contract language, with the convoluted formula that addresses this adjustment, I wonder how gasoline prices will impact this equation.

I know we are aways out from our next raise on Feb 1, or if the Aug 1 date would be more relevant (new contract noted).

We have had a serious surge in fuel prices, and if this is a factor, one would think we might get a few pennies more. Maybe even a dime.
The Cost of Living Adjustment, if due, is effective every August 1st. But there are no more "August firsts" in the current Contract, therefore, no more COLAs.

Gas and most things are included in the Consumer Price Index. (But tax increases aren't!!! That would make the Government look bad.)

It takes about a 3.5% increase in the CPI from May to May to trigger a COLA payment.

Usually, when a new Contract is agreed to, there is no COLA provision for the first August 1st. The formula would likely start August 1, 2014 and thereafter.