College and Work Schedule HELP

Ramned

I have already talked BRIEFLY with my FT Supe about my colliding work and school schedule.

Would I be going too far to ask him if I can have Wednesdays off every week this quarter so I can offer more time to school-work. The situation on my belt is not very good. I am the only dependable loader on the belt. The other loader (yes, right now only 2 of us!) doesn't always show up.

He so far is willing to help me out by extending my stagger times but I have not asked him yet for a 4-day week which seems to be alot to ask for atm.

UnconTROLLed

perfection
I have already talked BRIEFLY with my FT Supe about my colliding work and school schedule.

Would I be going too far to ask him if I can have Wednesdays off every week this quarter so I can offer more time to school-work. The situation on my belt is not very good. I am the only dependable loader on the belt. The other loader (yes, right now only 2 of us!) doesn't always show up.

He so far is willing to help me out by extending my stagger times but I have not asked him yet for a 4-day week which seems to be alot to ask for atm.

Remember, It never hurts to ask a question. Even at UPS.

Ask him for a raise while you are at it

GeorgiaBrown

Ramned,

Obviously you are part-time and in school. I am a driver and also in school..... I would suggest that you ask for everything that you need...... my experience at UPS tells me that the squeaky wheel gets the oil.....(in other words if you don't ask, how will you know?) I only complain when my load is too heavy on my school nights which are twice a week and start at 6 pm..... so in my case management knows that I am in school but they don't make any allowances for me beforehand......but if I am heavy on the days in question I stay on them to get some help... this happens more often than not unfortunately because despite what management says they may want to do to accomodate you their main priority is running the numbers they are held accountable for..... but do ask.... all they can say is no.... then you will know what your next step will be.