Colorado's weed shipment problem

Should I report this issue?

• Yes

Votes: 1 7.1%
  • No

Votes: 13 92.9%

• Total voters

BrownieManager

Hi, I'm an assistant manager in Colorado and just wanted to get some thoughts on a situation.

Roughly around mid way into February a customer wanted to ship out prescription deodorant out to Las Vegas for a supposed friend of his. He wanted to ship it out Two Day Air so I kind of was thinking to myself that was kind of fishy. I feel like anyone would have just sucked it up for their time there rather than spending close to $70 just to get it shipped out. An associate of mines processed the package not really thinking twice about it because he was in his second week of training. So I took the package and opened it up to see if there was anything strange about the package just to make sure. Turns out the shipper stashed a little bag of hash in the deodorant, so doing my job I notified my supervisor because thats what we are supposed to do. This isnt the first time that we have had someone try to pull a quick one on us like that so I was thinking to myself that we would just go through the standard procedure of reporting it to the police because we definitely don't want that shipment going through on our record. My manager decides to then consult it with the owner of the store and the owner then decides to ship it out anyways to make it the Hub's problem (Distribution Center). Later that night the manager of the Hub for our county called our store and proceeded to cuss out anyone who answered the phone because it was now his problem and I could completely understand his side of the situation.

I have been conflicted with this for some time now because I know what our normal procedures are for something like this yet management still decided to bypass it and basically committed an illegal action. After this issue I have begun to question the leadership at my store and am probably going to switch to part time and look for work somewhere else. I have been contemplating on calling the helpline or placing a complaint online about the situation but I'm not sure if anything will get done. Any thoughts? (Sorry for the long post)

cosmo1

Perhaps.
Staff member
Assistant manager?

Distribution center?

I guess you work for a UPS Store.

Maybe. Or maybe you are the one trying to slip a small bag of hash through.