Combo 22.3 bid jobs at another Hub

Union 💪🏽 Strong

I am a combo 22.3 and I am looking for an answer as to WHY we CAN'T bid for a combo position at another Hub! I have asked HR, FT SUPS, Union Business Agent and can't give me a straight answer! Drivers are allowed to bid or transfer to other HUBS, Supervisors are allowed to transfer!
Anyone have an answer?? I am local 104 Phoenix

scooby0048

This page left intentionally blank
I am a combo 22.3 and I am looking for an answer as to WHY we CAN'T bid for a combo position at another Hub! I have asked HR, FT SUPS, Union Business Agent and can't give me a straight answer! Drivers are allowed to bid or transfer to other HUBS, Supervisors are allowed to transfer!
Ask @104Feeder

Poop Head

Judge me.
Any relation to @bestsorteralive?

Shift Inhibit

He who laughs last didn't get it.
What Is your combo job now?

Shift Inhibit

The only way I’ve heard of transferring is if another hub is built locally. They have to post job bids at other hubs close to new hub.

Union 💪🏽 Strong

The only way I’ve heard of transferring is if another hub is built locally. They have to post job bids at other hubs close to new hub.
There have been opening bids for local hubs! Goodyear, Mesa, Tempe AZ! HR won't allow! They don't say why! Union don't want to touch the subject! FT SUPS are clueless! Is this common around the country??

Shift Inhibit

There have been opening bids for local hubs! Goodyear, Mesa, Tempe AZ! HR won't allow! They don't say why! Union don't want to touch the subject! FT SUPS are clueless! Is this common around the country??
No, not in the northern plains district

zubenelgenubi

I'm a star

Supervisors are usually forced, not "allowed" to transfer, but they aren't part of the collective bargaining unit, so the company can establish different rules, or no rules, for them. But bidding on jobs outside of your center is not generally allowed except when new buildings, centers or hubs are being established.

Last edited:

UnconTROLLed

perfection
Supervisors are usually forced, not "allowed" to transfer, but they aren't part of the collective bargaining unit, so the company can establish different rules, or no rules, for them. If you've been in your job long enough, you should be able to put your name on the transfer list. But bidding on jobs outside of your center is not generally allowed except when new buildings, centers or hubs are being established.
Depends in your region/local. Incorrect for here.

zubenelgenubi

I'm a star
Depends in your region/local. Incorrect for here.

OP and I are in the same region. He may have different rules in his local or JC. Apparently his BA is either being cagey, or not telling him what he wants to hear, which suggests to me that his local doesn't allow bidding on jobs in other centers, same as mine.
Upon re-reading the language in the Western Supplement, it only allows for full-time package car drivers and feeder drivers with one year seniority or more to put their name on the transfer list, so part time and combo drivers don't have the option. And you can only transfer to other centers within the region.

UnconTROLLed

perfection
OP and I are in the same region. He may have different rules in his local or JC. Apparently his BA is either being cagey, or not telling him what he wants to hear, which suggests to me that his local doesn't allow bidding on jobs in other centers, same as mine.
Upon re-reading the language in the Western Supplement, it only allows for full-time package car drivers and feeder drivers with one year seniority or more to put their name on the transfer list, so part time and combo drivers don't have the option. And you can only transfer to other centers within the region.
Yeah, I agree.

Peppermint Patty

Cardboard Pusher
Once you except a combo gig you are not allowed to move buildings never hewrd a reson why but just be thankful you have a combo most people would love to have your problem.

542thruNthru

You're under the southwest rider like I am.
Here is your answer. Your local picked (2). Where I am its local wide.
Screenshot_20191006-204426_Adobe Acrobat.jpg