combo driver helper jobs

nystripe96

So it appears a helper/inside combo job will be made available at my center once the new contract is finalized. Will there be a separate bid list for this classification, or is it the same FT bid list that all employees are on regardless? I have been working as a helper for 4 months 3x/week and absolutely love doing it. I work in NYC so they use year round helpers here, at least for now

cino321

If the contract gets voted in. Don't vote it in!

If you part timers vote in this contract and you'll never go driving. Between full time 22.3 helpers and PT vacation drivers you guys are screwing yourselves out of full time jobs. The current wait to go driving now is 2-3 years, that will double or extend even longer because they won't need as many drivers.

you aint even know it

Well-Known Troll
Troll
It's been implemented in my new local agreement

So it appears a helper/inside combo job will be made available at my center once the new contract is finalized. Will there be a separate bid list for this classification, or is it the same FT bid list that all employees are on regardless? I have been working as a helper for 4 months 3x/week and absolutely love doing it. I work in NYC so they use year round helpers here, at least for now

Signed bid sheet yesterday. I feel like a shrimp in the sea on that bid sheet. Hope they add like 15-20 spots.

nystripe96

Guys telling me the job will involve working preload 4-9, then all day with the driver. A lot of PT's turning it down due to the excessive hours. I couldn't imagine working a 75 hour workweek nearly every week. Management smugness for sure

Sent using BrownCafe App

you aint even know it

Well-Known Troll
Troll
Guys telling me the job will involve working preload 4-9, then all day with the driver. A lot of PT's turning it down due to the excessive hours. I couldn't imagine working a 75 hour workweek nearly every week. Management smugness for sure

Sent using BrownCafe App

I definitely would, let them kill me with the overtime. I am young and hungry. Heck, I would rent an apartment that's next to my building.

fres431

As a driver you can't work over 60hrs total a week you would have to out on road as a helper a non seasonal helper gets top pay non seasonal is any month outside nov-jan. Jan is now considered a peak season month

Sent using BrownCafe App

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

As a driver you can't work over 60hrs total a week you would have to out on road as a helper a non seasonal helper gets top pay non seasonal is any month outside nov-jan. Jan is now considered a peak season month.

This is not completely accurate. You can't drive over 60 hours----you can't work over 70 hours.