Commercial Inside Release

The Driver

I drive.
Loving this new method. Don't have to wait for some dope to hobble over to me to grab the board, turn it the wrong way, ask how to sign, turn it back around the right way, take 20 seconds to sign, say they messed up their signature and if they can clear it and try again, hold onto the board while I explain it's fine and it doesn't really matter, ask their name twice, guess anyway, and finally get the board back. Saving me lots of hassle, I noticed a difference yesterday.

You guys use this yet?

TearsInRain

IE boogeyman
Filing 9.5
1291_583062224.gif

dookie stain

Cornfed whiteboy
I'm still in the habit of getting signatures but then I'll remember and say ok gonna release this one get halfway out of the business and it says CIR not available for this stop...have to go back

Two Tokes

Give it to me Baby
Loving this new method. Don't have to wait for some dope to hobble over to me to grab the board, turn it the wrong way, ask how to sign, turn it back around the right way, take 20 seconds to sign, say they messed up their signature and if they can clear it and try again, hold onto the board while I explain it's fine and it doesn't really matter, ask their name twice, guess anyway, and finally get the board back. Saving me lots of hassle, I noticed a difference yesterday.

You guys use this yet?
Love it as well. After explaining the new procedure to my customers, it has saved time and 95% of my peeps are on board with it as well. Too bad it doesn't work for lottery tickets. I heard it takes 13 seconds off our time study, but it can be easily made back up

Richard Cranium

You guys use this yet?
Good idea. Who pays the claim?

Travwise

Haven't heard of this option where I'm at. Is it a limited roll out? Where do you find this option in the DIAD? Thanks.

rod

Retired 22 years
No one in their right mind should think that new commercial release thing is good. One minute you are all crying because it takes too long to get a full time driving job and the next minute you are all cheering about a program that will add more time to the process. What is so tough about making 30 bucks+ an hour and waiting for a friggin signature?

rod

Retired 22 years
This is great! Until packages start coming up "missing".......

It boils down to the fact that apparently UPS has found out that paying a claim every once in awhile is cheaper than having their drivers dink around wasting time getting a signature. It worked for residentials -- why not businesses? Its a super bad idea but if it saves a dime UPS will insagate it. I don't even think you could fight it --- UPS has the right to run their own company into the ground.