Commercial Inside Release

The Driver

I drive.
I'm still in the habit of getting signatures but then I'll remember and say ok gonna release this one get halfway out of the business and it says CIR not available for this stop...have to go back

They need to fix this. On some stops only after I've hit C.I.R. and typed in a name, it tells me that all of a sudden I can't do that and need a signature anyway. Annoying for sure.

PASinterference

Yes, I know I'm working late.
They need to fix this. On some stops only after I've hit C.I.R. and typed in a name, it tells me that all of a sudden I can't do that and need a signature anyway. Annoying for sure.
It wont get fixed. I still have no DR at residential stops because some people used receiver after a signature at that stop. Type residential dozens and dozens of times and it still requires a signature. Free money for me.

JL 0513

Apparently like everything at UPS, this is a gradual roll out. I don't have this yet in my area. I always wonder why it takes years to implement each change at UPS from the first centers to the last.

The Driver

I drive.
Apparently like everything at UPS, this is a gradual roll out. I don't have this yet in my area. I always wonder why it takes years to implement each change at UPS from the first centers to the last.

"Implementation testing"

Probably a buzzphrase they use.

KOG72

I’m full of it
I have to void out the last package scanned to get out of it then re sheet it

rod

Retired 22 years
Who pays the claim on a residential DR?

From what I've been told by customers even back when I was working its almost impossible to actually get paid for a claim -- either resi. or business. UPS makes the process really painful I've heard.

Sissy Brown Short Shorts

I think it's a big pain in my booty. Can't do it for USPS, medical or high values. I don't feel comfortable doing it especially for NDAs because it takes away my security of confirming that someone signed and received it. It's way more extra buttons to push and when your diad lags for that second or so after you stop complete and before verifying it went through you put it back in your pouch, walk all the way back to the truck and realize you have to go back because you need a signature infuriates me. We're also getting hassled now like it's a backing report, "you were only 79.4% compliant on CIR, that needs to improve." ......really?

Just Lurking

It boils down to the fact that apparently UPS has found out that paying a claim every once in awhile is cheaper than having their drivers dink around wasting time getting a signature. It worked for residentials -- why not businesses? Its a super bad idea but if it saves a dime UPS will insagate it. I don't even think you could fight it --- UPS has the right to run their own company into the ground.

Once had a Labor Manager say during grievance hearing. "We prefessional manage our company. No one can professional mismanage better than us too."

KOG72

I’m full of it
4FFF9154-21B2-4CD7-9EBC-A21FFA6806C8.png

@tadpole thanks pal this service was new but I have figured out you don’t have to do this,just hit the delivery button again I believe.