Commercial Stops

brownIEman

FYI, keyless entry doesn't work properly in 8 out of 10 cars.

That sucks. I've dealt with the keyles entry not working and its a pain. Usually the cause was the spring in the door too tight and/or the actuator on the lock failing and too weak to raise the latch. But I've never seen a failure rate any where near 80%.

brownIEman

I'm sure a pure DR at apartments is prevelant in rural America. Just guessing. As far as adding stops, go for it. People can only go so fast SAFELY.

Agree 100%. The majority of drivers work hard and move at a brisk pace. Those few that used safety as an excuse to move much slower than they are capable of safely doing were a giant pain in the backside.

That sucks. I've dealt with the keyles entry not working and its a pain. Usually the cause was the spring in the door too tight and/or the actuator on the lock failing and too weak to raise the latch. But I've never seen a failure rate any where near 80%.
Last week, I worked 4 days.

Tuesday: (1A route)door doesn't close property (you think it's closed but will vibrate open). An ongoing problem for a couple years.

Wednesday:(2B route) bulkhead door will click to open but doesn't. Bulkhead lock just spins. Have to go through the back climbing over the bulk.

Thursday: (2B route) the fix is "hold door closed before clicking it open". Never fixed, next driver will have the same problem I had.

Friday: (2C route) with key fob, car doesn't start. Sounds like a dead battery when starting. Works fine using the key.

over9five

Staff member

Tuesday: (1A route)door doesn't close property (you think it's closed but will vibrate open). An ongoing problem for a couple years.

Wednesday:(2B route) bulkhead door will click to open but doesn't. Bulkhead lock just spins. Have to go through the back climbing over the bulk.

Thursday: (2B route) the fix is "hold door closed before clicking it open". Never fixed, next driver will have the same problem I had.

Friday: (2C route) with key fob, car doesn't start. Sounds like a dead battery when starting. Works fine using the key.
Sounds like your mechanic sucks (if you've been writing it up)

brownIEman

I have to agree with Over9five on this one. I ran into each of these problems other than the lock just spinning, never saw that one. Your Thursday problem is the most common one I mentioned earlier, the door is pulling too tightly on the latch for the actuator to break the friction and lift the latch. Each time I ran into a problem like this on training rides I'd write them up or have the driver write them up and they were fixed the next day. The starts with key and just clicks with the fob problem I was sure would take a few days for the mechanics in my building to fix, but nope, the next day it worked like a champ.
I may have worked in a building were the mechanics were just keyless wizards. They were also great guys, one of them gave me a spare fob and showed me how to program a car to accept that fob so by the time I left I had a fob that would start almost every car in the building. (no, I did not keep it, but I was tempted :happy2:)

I have to agree with Over9five on this one. I ran into each of these problems other than the lock just spinning, never saw that one. Your Thursday problem is the most common one I mentioned earlier, the door is pulling too tightly on the latch for the actuator to break the friction and lift the latch. Each time I ran into a problem like this on training rides I'd write them up or have the driver write them up and they were fixed the next day. The starts with key and just clicks with the fob problem I was sure would take a few days for the mechanics in my building to fix, but nope, the next day it worked like a champ.
I may have worked in a building were the mechanics were just keyless wizards. They were also great guys, one of them gave me a spare fob and showed me how to program a car to accept that fob so by the time I left I had a fob that would start almost every car in the building. (no, I did not keep it, but I was tempted :happy2:)
Mechanics, plural? Must be nice.

rod

Retired 22 years
So you can even get some hot secretary to bend over enough for a quick boob shot anymore? Damn--I'm glad I retired when I did.

Coldworld

60 months and counting
I guess they need to cut corners wherever they can to pay for all of these management folks bloated "enhancements" they have been receiving the last few years.... hell, they better start thinking about more than themselves or this company could start sliding into bankruptcy!!!

Coldworld

60 months and counting
So you can even get some hot secretary to bend over enough for a quick boob shot anymore? Damn--I'm glad I retired when I did.
I've seen a couple good ones over the years... and they didn't involve any sort of boob holding device... after I got over the fact that I just pretty much saw your whole boob when you bent over because you had no bra on, I then questioned how the hell could you be wearing a white silk,almost see through, top in a professional office setting..!!!

There's this one woman at my doctors office.. 10/10 for sure.. she wears lacey brassieres with specifically placed holes. Whenever she does my blood pressure she leans in real close. Full on everything all the time. I ran this by my wife and god bless her she says "can we get the same doctor"?

baklava

I don’t work at UPS anymore.
At PCM this morning, Business Development mentioned that in the near future we will be approaching commercial deliveries differently.

Apparently, they told us that we will enter the business, make eye contact, ask for a last name, and sign it ourselves. They said that it will hopefully "save some time on road".
So it looks like we are moving away from getting signatures at businesses. Not quite sure if we can necessarily just leave the packages without making contact with anyone because they were slightly vague about the whole thing. They did mention it will be rolling out nation-wide soon. Anyone hear about this?

It was funny though. After BD said this, their was a collective, "more stops on car..." by all of us drivers.

They already do this in Philly. It's called commercial inside release. They actually have the last three people who accepted packages last names in the board already. Basically just turning commercial stops into DR's, which means more stops per car.

I hope this one still shows up in my old DIAD

Attachments

• iOS Image - 724282041.jpg
    iOS Image - 724282041.jpg
    328.5 KB · Views: 186

Nine5

Sounds like a good way for stuff to go missing there's always at least one guy a year who gets suspended or fired for that in my center