Common cold vs covid pay

Cansado

If I get a common cold/sore throat, i will be told to go get a covid test to be sure, and they'll likely automatically start me on the 2 week thing even if I'm negative.
What happens if you then actually become ill with covid later on down the road? Stay out 2 weeks again, with no pay?
Anyone have any experience/advice with this?

Roller252

You get one shot only to receive the two weeks paid covid leave if you file for it and are approved. It's also a use it or lose it program. So use it as you see fit.

I tested negative but still was required to quarantine, filed my claim, got approved, was off two weeks and received my pay.
Now if I were to actually get covid and be out again I'm @$% out of luck.

I suppose I could still report to work and make them send me home and maybe I could grieve for my 8 each day. Just have to wear some sort of covid positive sign like maybe a big scarlet colored "C" on my uniform and cough a lot.

wilberforce15

You get one shot only to receive the two weeks paid covid leave if you file for it and are approved. It's also a use it or lose it program. So use it as you see fit.

I tested negative but still was required to quarantine, filed my claim, got approved, was off two weeks and received my pay.
Now if I were to actually get covid and be out again I'm @$% out of luck.

I suppose I could still report to work and make them send me home and maybe I could grieve for my 8 each day. Just have to wear some sort of covid positive sign like maybe a big scarlet colored "C" on my uniform and cough a lot.
It would be interesting to see if you could actually get fired for coming to work with Covid. It's not in the contract.

Roller252

Well if you are out of sick time and call out sick they're really quick to write you up for discipline so I guess they want us coming in sick.

Well if you are out of sick time and call out sick they're really quick to write you up for discipline so I guess they want us coming in sick.
Never once here... sick hours have nothing to do with being sick. Probably would violate state law too.