Common overlooked time allowance credits

unnormaldude68

I'm a new driver (32 days) and I would like to ask the more experienced drivers what they know about this subject. I've heard you should take credit for over-weights and stairs to apartments. I've also heard something about extra meetings in the AM. How do we actually enter this information into the diad to get credit for them? And what are other commonly overlooked credits that we can use? Not looking to falsify, just to get credits where they are due.
Thank you!

unnormaldude68

I worry because I'm still working towards my 40 days and they are looking to make sure I'm at least scratch every day. More often than none, I am, but sometimes my day is not as smooth.

soberups

Pees in the brown Koolaid
Just do your job and don't worry about time allowance credits.
+10000

In 27 years I have yet to see anyone fired for being overallowed, but I have seen several people fired for fraudulently taking "credit" without permission.

If you are new, just accept the reality that the "allowances" were never intended to be fair or realistic in the first place and that your management will bitch at you regardless of what you do so you might as well get used to it.

spicoli34

If you do put in overweights go to special accounts put in the number of over 70 packages... one new guy put in the weight and was talking credit for hundreds of them every day and almost lost his job

oldngray

nowhere special
Drivers have also been fired for falsifying mileage. Having starting miles less than the ending miles of the same vehicle from the day before. That is automatically flagged and shows on a report if it occurs.

CHALLY9TX

Taking credit for over 70s and such is part of the methods. Coding out time for extra AM/PM meetings is only allowed with permission from management. Next to the field where you enter an apartment/suite number is a field to enter what floor you're delivering to.

Sent using BrownCafe App

oldngray

nowhere special
Taking credit for over 70s and such is part of the methods. Coding out time for extra AM/PM meetings is only allowed with permission from management. Next to the field where you enter an apartment/suite number is a field to enter what floor you're delivering to.

Sent using BrownCafe App

Taking credit for over 70's IS part of methods but not padding time allowances by falsely entering too many.

The Driver

I drive.
Drivers have also been fired for falsifying mileage. Having starting miles less than the ending miles of the same vehicle from the day before. That is automatically flagged and shows on a report if it occurs.

This concerns me because I forgot to get starting mileage on Friday. I just guessed at it after getting on area. I probably should have just entered in what it was at that first stop... Hope it blows over and goes unnoticed. Or maybe I should tell my sup tomorrow. Think I'll do that.

oldngray

nowhere special
This concerns me because I forgot to get starting mileage on Friday. I just guessed at it after getting on area. I probably should have just entered in what it was at that first stop... Hope it blows over and goes unnoticed. Or maybe I should tell my sup tomorrow. Think I'll do that.

If you forget your start mileage just ask the OMS to check your ending mileage from the day before. As long as nobody else used your package car (you can check the DVIR to confirm) that will be OK.