Communication

mythical

The one who does not exists
New to the UPS world... I see it's extremely difficult to get answers from co-workers, sups, and management etc.. Everyone seems to be angry and or to themselves.. Question, is it best to ask questions in this forum or continue trying via the employees within the company?

scooby0048

This page left intentionally blank
New to the UPS world... I see it's extremely difficult to get answers from co-workers, sups, and management etc.. Everyone seems to be angry and or to themselves.. Question, is it best to ask questions in this forum or continue trying via the employees within the company?
Maybe it's just you. I will however answer your question that you posted here.

Yes

mythical

Maybe it's just me . . lol.. Why would you say that? I am just trying to learn the UPS way. What I have learned so far is some people get hired off the street to drive full time and 99 percent of everyone else start at rock bottom. This is the norm?

scooby0048

This page left intentionally blank
Maybe it's just me . . lol.. Why would you say that? I am just trying to learn the UPS way. What I have learned so far is some people get hired off the street to drive full time and 99 percent of everyone else start at rock bottom. This is the norm?

Yes. It's called a ratio of inside workers to outside workers getting hired.

Babagounj

Strength through joy
Yes, but first use the search button to see if your request has already been discussed.
Be very careful here, the company known as UPS has people on this site , they watch what is said & by whom . So be careful about giving out any info, keep it as general as possible.
You might get better replies if you posted your Q? under a different Forum Thread.

mythical

Yes, but first use the search button to see if your request has already been discussed.
Be very careful here, the company known as UPS has people on this site , they watch what is said & by whom . So be careful about giving out any info, keep it as general as possible.
You might get better replies if you posted your Q? under a different Forum Thread.
Thank you, your post makes sooo much sense.. I can see why everyone acts the way they do now.. I won't bother to post any further. I appreciate the heads up...and yes I have used the search button and cannot find a direct answer.. Everything is vague but now I see why...

Babagounj

Strength through joy
May I ask, how do they decide who is the lucky one that gets to drive and not load etc.?
Pick of the draw, unless the lucky one happens to be know to your mgt team.
It really all depends on what your area needs.
Don't worry about when your turn comes to drive , some here had to wait decades before they were ready to go. ( had another job, wife lost job, got rid of spouse, got new spouse, more kids coming, and the reasons go on ) .
I waited 23 yrs before going friend/t. Mostly because I was working 40+ /wk as a P/t and did that until the hours started to dry up. There are always cycles within the company when work is not there and when there is too much work. That lucky one as you call it may not be aware of these cycles and be unprepared for what is coming.

mythical

Pick of the draw, unless the lucky one happens to be know to your mgt team.
It really all depends on what your area needs.
Don't worry about when your turn comes to drive , some here had to wait decades before they were ready to go. ( had another job, wife lost job, got rid of spouse, got new spouse, more kids coming, and the reasons go on ) .
I waited 23 yrs before going friend/t. Mostly because I was working 40+ /wk as a P/t and did that until the hours started to dry up. There are always cycles within the company when work is not there and when there is too much work. That lucky one as you call it may not be aware of these cycles and be unprepared for what is coming.
I must say you are the first person that has given me a direct answer. Much respect bro.. I see, I will have to work my way from the bottom. I do hope to make a career within UPS.. There seems to be opportunity if one is willing to hang in there... career wise, I need to think which career path is best management or union.

Brisket

I must say you are the first person that has given me a direct answer. Much respect bro.. I see, I will have to work my way from the bottom. I do hope to make a career within UPS.. There seems to be opportunity if one is willing to hang in there... career wise, I need to think which career path is best management or union.

Good luck!

Brisket

You are absolutely correct, and thank you. Can you give me a piece of advise? while I start my new journey...

Always cover your butt and ask questions if you don’t understand an instruction from management, put the decision on them.