Company spending

BrownMonk

Old fart Package Car Driver
Seems to me that the Company is spending a bunch this year on new buildings and large equipment puchases. Also, I remember every year before the Contract that this is normal. Are they dumb enough to think that we will not notice when they cry poor during negotiations?

BakerMayfield2018

Fight the power.
Seems to me that the Company is spending a bunch this year on new buildings and large equipment puchases. Also, I remember every year before the Contract that this is normal. Are they dumb enough to think that we will not notice when they cry poor during negotiations?
Just bought a fleet of cargo planes also.... I'm sure no one will notice ... smh.

Faceplanted

Ups has to make it so that we don't hear "record profits" and use it as a negotiation tool.

"See teamsters, were not doing as good as 2 years ago, work with us"

Teamsters "ok ups more concessions we understand"

The next year the record profits return... rinse and repeat

JL 0513

We have a new center going up in my district. First new one in a long time. Very disruptive thing to happen to surrounding centers. The new center will be taking many routes from existing centers causing lots of unwanted employee movement. What's bad is that we've been told that at least a few of our routes that are moving are twice the distance from the new center as it is from our center. Stupid! They have to fill the new center with routes so they are greatly decreasing efficiency and exploding mileage. Instead of a 15-20 minute ride, it will be a 35 minute ride to the routes. Air is heavy on at least one and will never be able to get it off. They'll have to run two cars there instead of one.

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
Money has to be spent. We should of been building all of these buildings 5 years ago. Yet still record profits.

Wally

BrownCafe Innovator & King of Puns
Cry all they want. Payroll is made with future earnings. Plus, all those cost savings measures like Orion means even more for us.