Company will never promote me

UpsguyDGAF

I am so lost right now with my job surrounding UPS. I have been cover driving for 10 plus years gone FT package 4 times and failed every time for some BS reason. My union says basically "Its up to the company who they promote and theres not much we can do, the company will never let us designate who to promote" Ups hates me, abuses me because I have FMLA and has fired me 5 times, most recently getting my job back with 2 months back pay! Im not sure what to do at this point. Ive proven myself but its never enough, I have a target on me 24/7! So fed UP!

Notretiredyet

Sign up to be an SVD driver, and work at least 90 days at it. Then the next time a FT driver bid goes up you'll be automatically qualified for it if you win the bid.

Overpaid Union Thug

I am so lost right now with my job surrounding UPS. I have been cover driving for 10 plus years gone FT package 4 times and failed every time for some BS reason. My union says basically "Its up to the company who they promote and theres not much we can do, the company will never let us designate who to promote" Ups hates me, abuses me because I have FMLA and has fired me 5 times, most recently getting my job back with 2 months back pay! Im not sure what to do at this point. Ive proven myself but its never enough, I have a target on me 24/7! So fed UP!
In my area once you're finished with driver training to be a cover driver (TCD)and qualify (30 days and run scratch or watever your center's requirements are) you are done with having to qualify so once a fulltime bid is won we don't have to qualify again or take tests. How were you able to work as a cover driver for over 10 years without qualifying? What did you fail?

Sent using BrownCafe App

who_better_than_me

I though on e u passed the qualifications for a cover driver( or any driving job)u don't have to retake the qualifying test for any driving job after that. It's if u win any bid after that, you automatically are hired after that without having to go through the qualifications agains...

PhatAzz

In my area once you're finished with driver training to be a cover driver (TCD)and qualify (30 days and run scratch or watever your center's requirements are) you are done with having to qualify so once a fulltime bid is won we don't have to qualify again or take tests.
+1
If you're a qualified TCD then the only 2 things needed to be promoted are 1)be the Highest Seniority person signing the bid sheet and 2) a Full Time opening. After those two things are met then it's just a matter of HR changing your status to Full Time Package Driver.

UpsguyDGAF

I work as a cover driver, never ever work inside. Even though I know how to drive they still make cover drivers do a 30day probation going FT package. Last time I didn't come to a complete stop at a stop sign. This time my numbers showed better on Fridays so they said I should be able to do that all week. I got fired for them thinking I was going to burn a couple of packages with no proof. I got back with full back pay, but still it takes a toll on me. It comes down to pure dislike for me from the company. I think there pissed I always get my job back, and have FMLA which they hate.

UPSGUY72

The OP is a train wreck read his prior post. He has been bitching for years. Has been with the company over 15 years and still can't get with the program.

UpsguyDGAF

You guys talking :censored2: are all :censored2: bags. I came here with a real question, and your such bitches you need to talk :censored2: on a :censored2:in forum. Trainwreck? Are we talking about what rolled over your wife's face 72? That's what I thought. Now run to the admin as fast as you can haha

Harry Manback

Robot Extraordinaire
You guys talking :censored2: are all :censored2: bags. I came here with a real question, and your such bitches you need to talk :censored2: on a :censored2:in forum. Trainwreck? Are we talking about what rolled over your wife's face 72? That's what I thought. Now run to the admin as fast as you can haha

ImageUploadedByBrownCafe1400182806.594358.jpg

Sent using a Potato