Complete Mismanagement!!!

over9five

Staff member
I am on the safety committee we bring up the fact that working 10 plus hours a day leads to at the very least more injurys due to being tired.
My center manager agrees would love to add routes but he is told from on high if you need 50 routes then put our 46.

Safety is LAST at UPS and customer serivce is running a close 2nd in things UPS does not care about anymore.

Why in the world are you on the safety committee? How can you look people in the eye and say "I'm on the safety committee!"?

Re-Raise

You need to understand that its not your local management that is making the decisions these days they are just over paid messengers. They are working as directed just like we do.

Believe me brother I already understand this.

Before start time our driver group got together and I told them if they are too stupid to send out a reasonable dispatch then we wil dispatch ourselves. No one take any chances and bring them back.

I DO care about the safety of the people I work with. There isn't a single driver at our building that I have worked with for less than 15 years. Our driver supervisor and center manager have been here less than a year and who knows who the district , division or whatever is.

I refuse to lose a co-worker and friend because some idiot in an office doesn't care about them. They are just boxes.

The Blackadder

Are you not amused?
Why in the world are you on the safety committee? How can you look people in the eye and say "I'm on the safety committee!"?

Easy I focus on the person not the company, we all understand UPS does not care about safety but I try to work with people to be safe not for UPS but themselves.

I Also get on average 3 hours extra pay from safety, or about 130 bucks per week that adds up to close to 5 k per year.

If I can help some kid work the right way maybe when he is 60 he wont have a bad back, I know UPS wont care if he has a bad back when he is 60 that is for sure.

over9five

Staff member
Easy I focus on the person not the company, we all understand UPS does not care about safety but I try to work with people to be safe not for UPS but themselves.

I Also get on average 3 hours extra pay from safety, or about 130 bucks per week that adds up to close to 5 k per year.

If I can help some kid work the right way maybe when he is 60 he wont have a bad back, I know UPS wont care if he has a bad back when he is 60 that is for sure.

Good answer.

The Blackadder

Are you not amused?
Good answer.

Thank you, by the way when I started on safety I was much younger and really thought UPS was on to something trying to help people get better.
It has been the last few years of UPS that I have really seen a huge change in how they work, and how little they really seem to care.

+100

UPSGUY72

Believe me brother I already understand this.

Before start time our driver group got together and I told them if they are too stupid to send out a reasonable dispatch then we wil dispatch ourselves. No one take any chances and bring them back.

I DO care about the safety of the people I work with. There isn't a single driver at our building that I have worked with for less than 15 years. Our driver supervisor and center manager have been here less than a year and who knows who the district , division or whatever is.

I refuse to lose a co-worker and friend because some idiot in an office doesn't care about them. They are just boxes.

I've been bringing back packages to the building everynight for two weeks some night 30 some might 80. Most of the side street I go down are one way becasue of the snow and some major cut through street I will not stop on to deliver packages it is not safe for me and definately not for the idiots that try to pass my car with traffic going the other way. The only thing that I worry about is getting home safe to see my kids and wife each day there isn't a package that I didn't get to deliver worth me not getting home safely.

UnconTROLLed

perfection
I tried to hold this in, but I just can't do it any more!!

Everyone knows by now about the blizzard that went thru the Midwest earlier this week

IT was the same story here. Routes cut, I believe 4 total in our ctr (usually 45 routes) at 7am.

One guy had a 500 that was blown out completely, then at 8:45 they decided to cut 1/3 of it. lol That does not count towards the 4 routes.

Make the best of it, or bang in.